Aldeer.com

MT draw results out

Posted By: TickaTicka

MT draw results out - 04/24/18 08:29 PM

Anyone headed to big sky country this fall? I'll be doing rifle big game combo...thinking I'll go the first or second week of november.

Might go early and start looking for a nice cabin for retirement!
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: MT draw results out - 04/25/18 11:42 PM

Headed to WY in the fall for some public land Pronghorn action. You doing deer and elk?
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: MT draw results out - 04/26/18 12:12 AM

Didn’t draw in NM this year. My brother is looking into landowner tags for us. My dad drew for mule deer in the same unit I was in last year. If I don’t find an otc or land owner tag, I may go out with my dad. We may need to look into Montana next year so we can all look out of state. Maybe I can get those two goobers to hunt someplace new with me.
Posted By: ElkTurkMan

Re: MT draw results out - 04/26/18 12:42 AM

I drew a general elk tag in Wyoming. I have always wanted to hunt Montana though. One of these years perhaps

Re: MT draw results out - 04/26/18 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 7x57_Mauser
Headed to WY in the fall for some public land Pronghorn action. You doing deer and elk?

Elk and Mule Deer. Will probably buy a wolf tag and one unit nearby has an upcoming draw for a cow elk tag. I might put in just in case I'm running short on time and haven't killed a bull and want to put some meat in the freezer.

I am trying to make time to go to WY the end of Sept to help a buddy kill a bull elk in a limited draw unit. Its taken him 8 years to draw this tag. laugh
Posted By: Clem

Re: MT draw results out - 04/26/18 07:14 PM

I was going to do a DIY trip to Kansas for deer and maybe just enjoy poking around until the fees totaled $555. Screw that. No deer is worth that.

Congrats to y'all who drew and good luck.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: MT draw results out - 04/26/18 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

I was going to do a DIY trip to Kansas for deer and maybe just enjoy poking around until the fees totaled $555. Screw that. No deer is worth that.

Congrats to y'all who drew and good luck.

I used to go to KS. I’m out now. Ain’t paying that much at a chance to kill a deer, regardless of size. Out of state hunts now pretty much consists of turkey only.

Re: MT draw results out - 04/26/18 08:14 PM

Yep, its pricey to pull tags out of state. Then again, my annual mountain-west trips are kinda priceless at the same time.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM