Aldeer.com

First pigs in a while

Posted By: gman

First pigs in a while - 03/18/24 07:16 PM

We had seemed to have beaten them down pretty good behind the office here. Well, that and the dog running poachers that come thru once every month or 2...but i digress. Was doing my normal walk at lunch with my dog (i know, some of yall don't like dogs at work...again, i digress)...when i noticed some tracks in the road. Pretty sure i even said "that's a big pig" out loud. Jag was 10-20yds in front of me when i saw him dart out and heard that familiar grunt. Look out thru woods and sure enough, 2 good pigs and what looked like 10-12 piglets were moving about. I'm trying to keep Jag from chasing when 1 of the bigs shows back up and charged him/us. smile I hollered something at the pig rofl and thankfully it turned. They crossed the road back down twds where i saw the first track and again had to keep Jag from chasing. I don't think he wants to fool with a pissed off 100# mama pig. Guess i'll be getting some corn and seeing if i can bait em back up.
Posted By: CAM

Re: First pigs in a while - 03/18/24 07:54 PM

Was this in Morgan County??

Re: First pigs in a while - 03/18/24 08:49 PM

Yeah cam...over by the iron man
Posted By: CAM

Re: First pigs in a while - 03/19/24 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by gman
Yeah cam...over by the iron man

Thanks!! Are these local pigs that have gone feral or are they spreading in from Bankhead?

Re: First pigs in a while - 03/23/24 03:25 PM

I couldnt tell you. I know they’ve been in western 52 for 20-25yrs
© 2024 ALDEER.COM