Aldeer.com

Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 07:51 PM

So, flipping thru my new BPS turkey season catalog, on page 69, I see that Muck has come out with a snake boot... $199 (*phew*)... Anybody got a pair & can comment on 'em? I've a 10 year old pair of Muck's, non-snake model, that's ... gettin' old...

BGD
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 08:01 PM

After their whole HSUS support fiasco I decided I was through with them. There are plenty of other options out there

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: crenshawco
After their whole HSUS support fiasco I decided I was through with them. There are plenty of other options out there

HSUS support fiasco?

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 08:05 PM

Just Google it. There's a lot out there. Here is one of the first results I found.

http://dairycarrie.com/2014/08/05/id-rather-farm-barefoot-whatthemuck/

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 08:07 PM

Just Google it. There's a lot out there. Here is one of the first results I found.

http://dairycarrie.com/2014/08/05/id-rather-farm-barefoot-whatthemuck/

Ah, hadn't heard of this... "WhatTheMuck?" hahaha...
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:08 PM

never buy another pair of Mucks...
Posted By: MSGamekeeper

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:18 PM

I think if you research the Muck HSUS thing you'll find that it was actually an error made by one of their employees and not the position of the company. MUCK has stated thatand all the evidence would point to that being the truth. I've hunted in Muck bots every since they hit the market and in my opinion they are without a doubt the finest turkey huntin boot ever made,,,my opinion, I did get a new pair of their comfort-tech models but I did not get the snake model. Looking forward to trying them in out in about 10 days.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:21 PM

Yep, they apologized and it seemed like an honest mistake on their part. Y'all can come to your own conclusions but I like their product. Just bought a new pair a couple months ago.

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:26 PM

IMO, that was a mistake that a company that depends on outdoorsmen cannot make. They also handled the situation very poorly when the news hit. I had a pair of Mucks that I liked but that was the last pair I'll buy. I'm not going to give anyone associated with the antis a dime if I can help it. As I said before, there are too many options available that are of equal or better quality
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:29 PM

it ain't hard to beat mucks quality, my last pair lasted 6 months....
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:38 PM

I guess y'all flat landers can turkey hunt in mucks. Ain't no way your going into hillbilly land after turkeys wearing mucks unless you got iron feet. I tried it once and had blisters for 2 weeks.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:43 PM

Haybale speaks the truth. Yall can keep em I don't need any mucks.
Posted By: JCarter

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:52 PM

What's the better choice I killed my first bird In a pair of mucks on skyline???? Had to keep working hands on my feet lol
Posted By: hallb

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:58 PM

They actually had a snake boot before called Woody Armor, stopped making them and now coming out with the cool version. I've got a pair of the previous ones I'm not a big fan off. They pretty much sit in my garage.
Posted By: Randy74

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 09:59 PM

The whole muck thing may or may not have been a mistake; only they really know. As a business owner I will at least say if it was a mistake they should fire their PR dept. They stayed quiet for way too long while they were taking a beating. We all make mistakes and I've made many but you need to man up and own them quickly.

With all that said; wear what you want. I've never had land that I can wear rubber boots turkey hunting. I'm with haybale and Brent; yall can have them. I have found it best to wear a lightweight boot or hiking boot that climbs well:). On topic though; I have thought about trying to look at some snake boots or more comfortable chaps.
Posted By: bill

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 10:23 PM

Randy , check your PM.
Posted By: BuckCommander2

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 10:28 PM

I bought a pair several months ago and just now actually started wearing them to break them in for the upcoming season. I love the look of them and all but the calf area of the boot is way too tight for me. It's almost unbearable and I won't be wearing them anymore.

So beware if you have muscular calves.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/04/15 11:19 PM

IMO, that was a mistake that a company that depends on outdoorsmen cannot make. They also handled the situation very poorly when the news hit. I had a pair of Mucks that I liked but that was the last pair I'll buy. I'm not going to give anyone associated with the antis a dime if I can help it. As I said before, there are too many options available that are of equal or better quality

They clarified that the donation was to a local human society not the HSUS. Now, if y'all will excuse me I've got to go feed my pit bulls laugh
Posted By: PRB

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 12:11 AM

Maybe they just don't fit the shape of my foot well but I've never understood the love of Mucks. Every pair I've ever had on was uncomfortable as hell.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 07:09 AM

My dad bought a pair of muck snake boots about 10 years ago, nothing new. Mucks are comfy, but mine only lasted about 3-4 years and the bottom started coming off. Rubber boots are hot and your feet can't breath in them, thats why i don't wsear them anymore.
Posted By: Oct1981

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 07:17 AM

Bought a pair of rocky long range snake boots from cabelas a couple of weeks ago. Best snake boot ive tried, and ive tried a lot of them. They were on sale for $140 (normally 220).

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 07:42 AM

Wow, didn't know this would turn into such a heated thread on here - ha! BUT, here's why I posted it; like 'em or not, I'm a fan of a rubber boot for turkey hunting, and LaCrosse has been my go-to for deer hunting... Every pair of "snake boots" I've ever tried have been GREAT in the beginning, & then the waterproofing wears off (both my high-$$ Chippewa's & Irish Setters did this)...

Has anyone tried the Lacrosse snake boots on here? If so, how did they work out for ya? That's the other option I personally am looking at, and they're even cheaper than the Muck's... I've had my Muck's 10 years & have never had a problem with them, btw, but ... Can't say that I've been extremely rough on 'em either...

BGD

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 08:13 AM

I've come to the conclusion that your not going to find a boot that will last for very long anymore because they are all made oversea's. Even a lot of Danner's are imported now. Now if you wear them ever now and then, then they'll last a long time, but if you wear them turkey hunting, bow hunting,rabbit hunting, and doing habitat work, then they are going to take a beating. I've decided to buy a new set thats on sale about every 3-4 years.

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: blumsden
I've come to the conclusion that your not going to find a boot that will last for very long anymore because they are all made oversea's. Even a lot of Danner's are imported now. Now if you wear them ever now and then, then they'll last a long time, but if you wear them turkey hunting, bow hunting,rabbit hunting, and doing habitat work, then they are going to take a beating. I've decided to buy a new set thats on sale about every 3-4 years.

Maybe this is done "by design"?? wink But, ya, I hear ya...

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 08:21 AM

How on earth do yall get 4 years out of a pair of boots?
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
it ain't hard to beat mucks quality, my last pair lasted 6 months....

x2 Maybe good for going from the golf cart to the shooting house. laugh Climbing mtns and wading cutovers those things are pure junk. The top part of mine was torn to pieces half way thru their first season.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BamaGuitarDude
Wow, didn't know this would turn into such a heated thread on here - ha! BUT, here's why I posted it; like 'em or not, I'm a fan of a rubber boot for turkey hunting, and LaCrosse has been my go-to for deer hunting... Every pair of "snake boots" I've ever tried have been GREAT in the beginning, & then the waterproofing wears off (both my high-$$ Chippewa's & Irish Setters did this)...

Has anyone tried the Lacrosse snake boots on here? If so, how did they work out for ya? That's the other option I personally am looking at, and they're even cheaper than the Muck's... I've had my Muck's 10 years & have never had a problem with them, btw, but ... Can't say that I've been extremely rough on 'em either...

BGD

I've been wearing the Lacrosse rubber snake boot for about 3 years. I've developed a small leak in one of them this bow season. They've been a good boot. I've put alot of miles on them in the hills and bottomlands.
Posted By: jake44

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 09:03 AM

I own a pair of the woody armour boots,personally to me they are not made to do a lot of walking in,
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: hallb
They actually had a snake boot before called Woody Armor, stopped making them and now coming out with the cool version. I've got a pair of the previous ones I'm not a big fan off. They pretty much sit in my garage.

The woody armor was never marketed as a "snake boot". It was only marketed as "puncture resistant" (think briars, sticks, etc). I almost bought a pair but didn't for that reason.

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: BrentM

Short answer: multiple pair of boots. I don't "wear out" just one pair - much to my wife's disappointment. Depending on the conditions & the area I hunt, I might wear one pair of boots over another.
Posted By: Bankhead3471

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 10:31 AM

Mucks are ok but I'm still waiting on a warranty claim with that bunch.

Had to have some so I went with Bogs, personally seen a friend of mine swap a pair of Bogs in for a brand new pair. No questions asked.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 11:34 AM

I would not wear anything but muck boots. If the snake boots are as comfortable as there regular boots then I will buy a pair this week!
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 12:23 PM

x2 Brent. I just plan on wearing a pair out every 2 years. Knock on wood I'm on the third year with my boas. But I don't look for them to last till next season.

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Haybale

x2 Brent. I just plan on wearing a pair out every 2 years. Knock on wood I'm on the third year with my boas. But I don't look for them to last till next season.

Take them boas back before they come apart pal they are guaranteed for life
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Haybale

Yep 2 years is about all I can get out of a pair of work boots. Tromping through Jackson County cutovers do a number on a pair of boots.
Posted By: Geeb

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 12:44 PM

If the whole fiasco was an accident by an employee of Muck then Muck corporate could have came out and shown their support for any number of organizations that support the outdoors; they did not do so nor did they publicly denounce PETA and their kind. Therefore I won't spend my money with them.

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/05/15 02:43 PM

I usually only get about 2 years before they go to leaking, and by the 3rd year the bottoms are coming off.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Muck Finally Did It -- 16" Pursuit Cool Snake Boot - 03/06/15 08:33 AM

If I get a year and a half out of a pair of boots I'm happy now.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM