Aldeer.com

Suppressor wait times

Posted By: rkt

Suppressor wait times - 05/03/24 10:53 AM

I summited my eform 4 Jan 13th.
Actually 2 of them 1 for a banish 22k,&the other for banish 30.
Got approved for 22k Wednesday and customer service rep said he wouldn't be surprised the 30 gets approved next week.
I was amazed in how quick it was.
Posted By: BC

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/03/24 11:47 AM

I have one for a .22 LR can that I put in my eForm for in Jan. Still waiting.
Posted By: WGDfarm23

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/03/24 04:10 PM

I applied for one a month ago and was approved 5 days later. I couldn’t believe it.
Posted By: BamaBoHunter

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/03/24 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by rkt
I summited my eform 4 Jan 13th.
Actually 2 of them 1 for a banish 22k,&the other for banish 30.
Got approved for 22k Wednesday and customer service rep said he wouldn't be surprised the 30 gets approved next week.
I was amazed in how quick it was.

Individual or trust?
Posted By: SEWoodsWhitetail

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/04/24 01:09 AM

Took mine over 250 days
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/04/24 02:06 AM

Individual is taking 3-5 days on average. Trust is still taking a couple months.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/04/24 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Individual is taking 3-5 days on average. Trust is still taking a couple months.

Couple of months? More like 9-11 at least what I just went through
Posted By: MikeP

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/04/24 07:34 PM

13 months
Posted By: Livintohunt19

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/05/24 02:25 AM

Is it truth that it makes a difference who you purchase through?
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/05/24 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Livintohunt19

No it does not. The ATF don’t care.
Posted By: WINMAG300

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/05/24 02:28 PM

Only difference is the experience level of the person filling out your forms. Mistakes cost you time. The worst experiences I have had purchasing have been from stores that don't do much volume and had random salespeople doing the paperwork. Maybe eforms will help with this, but generally now I try to buy at places that do enough volume to have at least one person that solely deals with nfa stuff. Got some good prices at a few small shops, but in the end it wasn't worth the extra wait times to have the paperwork returned multiple times for errors.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/06/24 02:58 AM

Trust
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/06/24 03:05 PM

so individuals are being approved in < 1 week, while trusts are being approved in anywhere from 6-12 months...............why such a huge discrepancy?
Posted By: thayerp81

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/06/24 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by Livintohunt19

No it does not. The ATF don’t care.

Ditto, the only thing that made any appreciable difference (in the past anyway) was what letter your last name started with. You are assigned to an examiner based on your last name and some examiners have bigger backlogs/ worked slower and could make a difference up to maybe 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure that matters much anymore if they're turning around form 4's in under a week. The last one I purchased was back when there were 12 inspectors (IIRC) for the whole country. There used to be websites that tracked tracked the average turnaround time for each inspector.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/07/24 08:23 PM

My 30 banish got approved yesterday!
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/09/24 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

so individuals are being approved in < 1 week, while trusts are being approved in anywhere from 6-12 months...............why such a huge discrepancy?

someone has to look at the trust paperwork and approve the trust,
the individual are computer processed

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/19/24 01:54 AM

Received my suppressors in mail today!
It is crazy how quiet my tikka 7mag is with banish 30.
And it's also crazy how much recoil it reduced. It was like shooting a 243
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/22/24 02:53 AM

^^^^ that’s the biggest ‘surprise’ for most folks with suppressors. Kids can shoot stuff comfortably that you’d never think of, as long as it’s suppressed.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/22/24 12:50 PM

Picked mine up last Sat. Put it in in late Jan and picked it up mid May. Not a horrible wait time for a trust.

I waited 11 months for my 30cal suppressor.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/22/24 01:16 PM

If anyone sees the banish deal, where you buy the 30 and get the 22 free, please send me a message. Thanks

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/22/24 02:07 PM

That's the deal I got.they ran it in December
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/27/24 05:11 PM

I feel like the bigger the gun, the more it helps. Idk if it’s really like that, but it seems to me the more the powder capacity, the more effective it is. Shooting a 300 RUM is about like light 7mag recoil with a suppressor. Shooting 300 PRC is pleasant suppressed. Shooting 223 suppressed helps, but it’s not nearly as effective as larger rounds IMO. Maybe bc I’m using a 30 cal can on 223.

My 308 suppressed is a baby doll to shoot.

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/29/24 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbamaboy
I feel like the bigger the gun, the more it helps. Idk if it’s really like that, but it seems to me the more the powder capacity, the more effective it is. Shooting a 300 RUM is about like light 7mag recoil with a suppressor. Shooting 300 PRC is pleasant suppressed. Shooting 223 suppressed helps, but it’s not nearly as effective as larger rounds IMO. Maybe bc I’m using a 30 cal can on 223.

Probably something to that. My 6.5 cm and .308 is pretty quiet with the can on it. I had a 6.5 grendel that with the same can on it was still really loud. Of course that thing sounded like a stick of dynamite going off without the can anyway. I sat in a ground blind in a swamp one time and messed up and shot a pig with the muzzle still in the blind and it about blew my eardrums out.
Posted By: longshot

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/29/24 02:49 PM

Is there a way to transfer a suppressor bought by an individual to a trust after purchase?
Posted By: James

Re: Suppressor wait times - 05/29/24 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by longshot
Is there a way to transfer a suppressor bought by an individual to a trust after purchase?

Yep. Believe have to do another form, and another $200. Asked that myself, and purty sure what they said 😆
© 2024 ALDEER.COM