</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
TC Encore 50 Cal barrel w/forend and scope
by Liberty. 09/19/24 10:31 PM
LH PSE Hunting Bow - Loaded
by Smitty4Bama. 09/19/24 09:39 PM
Crossbow
by jsubrett6. 09/19/24 08:00 PM
Looking for a few rifles
by extreme heights hunter. 09/19/24 05:35 PM
Shadow hunter elevation brackets
by Sully. 09/19/24 02:20 PM
Serious Deer Talk
9 Days
by Jdkprp70. 09/19/24 11:22 PM
Corn Prices
by Okatuppa. 09/19/24 11:09 PM
Mega Giant Hit The Kansas Dirt Last Night
by Okatuppa. 09/19/24 11:08 PM
Rifle deer hunt recommendations
by AU338MAG. 09/19/24 10:55 PM
Stray dogs
by PYhunter. 09/19/24 09:56 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Fayette County Club
by Smoke_Diver. 09/18/24 08:41 PM
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Who's Online Now
17 registered members (straycat, lectrode, BCLC, Pipedream, Todd1700, RCHRR, bhammedic84, jallencrockett, wareagle22, Baker8425, Cactus_buck, Smoke_Diver, Joe4majors, chuck216, smithjearl, 2 invisible), 581 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: jawbone] #1333870
04/21/15 08:44 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
IF , I could find her phone number I would call her back, BUT its been a couple of years so I quess its not a big deal. AT least she didnt loose here hand cuffs! rofl

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: PaschalBD] #1333871
etowah co.
shootnmiss Offline
8 point
shootnmiss  Offline
8 point
etowah co.
Originally Posted By: PaschalBD
Quote:
I would never try to use it. But I have an old badge, left in the back seat of my Tahoe buy a female detective several years ago. I guess she got a new one because I found it about a month ago when I clean out my vehicle to sell. Quess It had been back there for a least 2 or 3 years. Wounder what a detective says to their superiors when they loose a badge??? grin

Got any pics of this female detective that was "in your back seat"? whistle

He does.......but you can see him in the background hand cuffed face down,nekid, and crying. wink

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: PaschalBD] #1333874
04/21/15 08:46 AM
04/21/15 08:46 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Quote:
I would never try to use it. But I have an old badge, left in the back seat of my Tahoe buy a female detective several years ago. I guess she got a new one because I found it about a month ago when I clean out my vehicle to sell. Quess It had been back there for a least 2 or 3 years. Wounder what a detective says to their superiors when they loose a badge??? grin

Nope, but I still have the Detectives Badge. Its amazing what you find when you clean out a vehicle to sell. grin

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: shootnmiss] #1333877
04/21/15 08:47 AM
04/21/15 08:47 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: shootnmiss
Quote:

He does.......but you can see him in the background hand cuffed face down,nekid, and crying. wink
Leggs knows her! She is the 1 at the house that time. You may remember her, the Blonde with the White Jeep!

Last edited by shooters; 04/21/15 08:48 AM.
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: shooters] #1333878
04/21/15 08:49 AM
04/21/15 08:49 AM
etowah co.
shootnmiss Offline
8 point
shootnmiss  Offline
8 point
etowah co.
Originally Posted By: shooters
Quote:

Leggs knows her! She is the 1 at the house that time. You may remember her, the Blonde with the White Jeep!

Yep, I remember! Lol

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: Reyn] #1333922
04/21/15 09:38 AM
04/21/15 09:38 AM
Sumter County
sumpter_al Offline
10 point
sumpter_al  Offline
10 point
Sumter County
Originally Posted By: Reyn
Quote:
Maybe I wasn't clear. It is perfectly legal for LE office to lie to a citizen to obtain info but illegal for a citizen to lie to a LE officer, do you see a problem with that? I do. As for being cynical perhaps those people should look into changing careers, just my humble opinion

It seemed clear to me. Citizens lie to cops all the time. I dont understand where you think its illegal.If they lie in court then they can face perjury but on the street during investigations it happens daily.

I have no problem with an LEO using tactics to seek the truth.If i tell a suspect we have a fingerprint and he gets angry and responds with "thats impossible, i was wearing gloves" (this has happened)then i dont have a problem with it.

If i was on the opposite end then i would call the LEO on it.

I have a problem with it. But I was raised with a strong moral center. I have not knowingly told a lie since I was probably 8 years old and my grandfather caught me in one. I remember the disappointment he had in me to this day.

It might be a "tactic" law enforcement uses, but that does not make it right. If we as a society want everyone to do the right thing that starts with the people in positions of authority. If the police lie and cannot be trusted, where does that leave the rest of us?

I know this is off topic, so I will return to the topic. The warden should not have taken the keys. To the people saying the ATV could have been stolen, you are insane. Are to believe that the thief stole the ATV drove it down a dirt road, left it in plain sight, while waiting to sell it or to part it out?

That is ridiculous.

I have been checked by a GW probably 15 times in my lifetime. They have ALWAYS been dressed in dark green pants, button down shirt, Ball cap with the DCRN logo on it. And they are ALWAYS wearing a sidearm. A game wardens job is probably one of the most dangerous in all of law enforcement. If he was a warden (which I doubt) he would have had the sidearm and a badge or badge logo visible.

I love my country, but don't trust my government.
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: ridgestalker] #1333924
04/21/15 09:39 AM
04/21/15 09:39 AM
Behind you
Avengedsevenfold Offline
10 point
Avengedsevenfold  Offline
10 point
Behind you
Originally Posted By: ridgestalker
Anybody know where I can get one of them tan shirts? I've just added another trick to the bag.

Make that 3 of them tan shirts (I might need a spare)

Carrying a gun isn't comfortable; but at times it is comforting

"Cause the cause for the pause you think you see is really concentration on the steel” NonPoint
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: sumpter_al] #1333943
04/21/15 09:56 AM
04/21/15 09:56 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted By: sumpter_al
Quote:
Maybe I wasn't clear. It is perfectly legal for LE office to lie to a citizen to obtain info but illegal for a citizen to lie to a LE officer, do you see a problem with that? I do. As for being cynical perhaps those people should look into changing careers, just my humble opinion

It seemed clear to me. Citizens lie to cops all the time. I dont understand where you think its illegal.If they lie in court then they can face perjury but on the street during investigations it happens daily.

I have no problem with an LEO using tactics to seek the truth.If i tell a suspect we have a fingerprint and he gets angry and responds with "thats impossible, i was wearing gloves" (this has happened)then i dont have a problem with it.

I have a problem with it. But I was raised with a strong moral center. I have not knowingly told a lie since I was probably 8 years old and my grandfather caught me in one. I remember the disappointment he had in me to this day.

It might be a "tactic" law enforcement uses, but that does not make it right. If we as a society want everyone to do the right thing that starts with the people in positions of authority. If the police lie and cannot be trusted, where does that leave the rest of us?

I know this is off topic, so I will return to the topic. The warden should not have taken the keys. To the people saying the ATV could have been stolen, you are insane. Are to believe that the thief stole the ATV drove it down a dirt road, left it in plain sight, while waiting to sell it or to part it out?

That is ridiculous.

I have been checked by a GW probably 15 times in my lifetime. They have ALWAYS been dressed in dark green pants, button down shirt, Ball cap with the DCRN logo on it. And they are ALWAYS wearing a sidearm. A game wardens job is probably one of the most dangerous in all of law enforcement. If he was a warden (whic
h I doubt) he would have had the sidearm and a badge or badge logo visible.

What you find ridiculous happens multiple times every day.

By the way for those that are curious, the practice of interrogators misleading or lying to suspects has been all the way to the US Supreme Court and they OKed it. It is a matter of personal ethics that every police officer will have to decide for themselves.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: jawbone] #1333945
04/21/15 09:57 AM
04/21/15 09:57 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
So i guess waterboarding is out! rofl

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1333946
04/21/15 09:58 AM
04/21/15 09:58 AM
Henry county
coldtrail Offline
12 point
coldtrail  Offline
12 point
Henry county
You don't have to lie. You don't even have to answer a game wardens questions. It really gets them riled when you tell them you don't have to say anything.

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days" Ray Wylie Hubbard
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: jawbone] #1333969
04/21/15 10:16 AM
04/21/15 10:16 AM
Sumter County
sumpter_al Offline
10 point
sumpter_al  Offline
10 point
Sumter County

Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: sumpter_al
Quote:

That is ridiculous.

I have been checked by a GW probably 15 times in my lifetime. They have ALWAYS been dressed in dark green pants, button down shirt, Ball cap with the DCRN logo on it. And they are ALWAYS wearing a sidearm. A game wardens job is probably one of the most dangerous in all of law enforcement. If he was a warden (whic
h I doubt) he would have had the sidearm and a badge or badge logo visible.

What you find ridiculous happens multiple times every day.

By the way for those that are curious, the practice of interrogators misleading or lying to suspects has been all the way to the US Supreme Court and they OKed it. It is a matter of personal ethics that every police officer will have to decide for themselves.

I never said it was illegal. I said it was not right. And just because a bunch of hippies in black robes say it is ok does not make it right.

Legal maybe but not right.

These are the same people who ruled the murder of an unborn child is ok because it is the womans choice. I hope GOD is merciful because they should be sitting in Hell, right next to Hitler and Stalin.

I love my country, but don't trust my government.
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1333982
04/21/15 10:34 AM
04/21/15 10:34 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

If I'm talking with a police officer about something and lie, I'm immediately cast under suspicion even though I may have done it on purpose or accidentally. Anything I say is now clouded. Anything that happens afterward is questioned. If I end up in court, even as a witness, this becomes a huge issue.

An officer flat-out blatantly lies -- "Oh, we have a fingerprint" (not the suspect's, but "a" fingerprint ... from Jimmy, the 22-yo night clerk -- and that's fine and dandy because the legal system gives him the wink-wink-nod to lie. He just cruises right on and goes about his merry way.

That's hooey.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1333986
04/21/15 10:39 AM
04/21/15 10:39 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Clem
With all that being said. You still think I should trust the media, If there recieving there info from the police?

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1334009
04/21/15 11:14 AM
04/21/15 11:14 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

That's up to you. You and I will disagree about that no matter what. So, whatever.

I read a lot, watch a lot, listen to a lot, and I take it with a grain of salt. You just choose to cast the entire lot as wrong, evil and biased. And that's wrong.

So, so be it.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: shootnmiss] #1334012
04/21/15 11:16 AM
04/21/15 11:16 AM
Mayberry
Brent Offline
Administrator
Brent  Offline
Administrator
Mayberry
Quote:

I never realized that Police dogs got badges. Awesome.

"How in the hell did you get to be a moderator?"...Skinny

God Bless Nick Saban!
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: Brent] #1334016
04/21/15 11:28 AM
04/21/15 11:28 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: Brent
Quote:

I never realized that Police dogs got badges. Awesome.
Yep! I remember she had VERY BIG paws! rofl

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1334017
04/21/15 11:29 AM
04/21/15 11:29 AM
Mayberry
Brent Offline
Administrator
Brent  Offline
Administrator
Mayberry
You Gallant boys are strange ones. smile

"How in the hell did you get to be a moderator?"...Skinny

God Bless Nick Saban!
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: Brent] #1334024
04/21/15 11:40 AM
04/21/15 11:40 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: Brent
You Gallant boys are strange ones. smile
It maybe something in the water. grin

Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1334025
04/21/15 11:42 AM
04/21/15 11:42 AM
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clem,
let me present you with a scenario that happened to me and see if you think I was ethically wrong. In Alabama having sex with someone between 12 and 16 is Rape 2nd if the offender is more than 2 years older. Consent is not an issue in 2nd degree. Somehow or another a 13 yoa girl's family finds out she has been participating in the nasty with a young man who is a legal adult. I think she was preggo or had an std or something where it was hard for her to deny it. So family brings her to my office and she admits it and tells me who the young man is. Now I'm very familiar with him as he is a very regular customer. I go out to the County jail where he was residing at that time, we go through the Miranda dance and he signs a waiver. I then tell him I'm there to see him because so and so gave a statement "that you raped her". Misleading, yes, but an absolutely true statement. He immediately slammed his hand down and says "I did not! She let me have it." Thank you sir, that will and did work quite nicely as an admission.

The only other time I can remember lying in interrogations is playing partners in crime against each other. "You know your buddy is in the other room putting it all off on you". This happens all the time in interrogations.

What about the old trick of leaving an manilla envelope on your desk with an official looking tab on it that says "fingerprint results" filled with blank papers in plain view and then telling them the results indicate they are the guilty person.

Do you feel these are unethical practices? What about the use of undercover officers? They are in effect, if not directly, lying also?

I don't have a problem if you think these things are wrong, in fact I admire your ethical standings, but law enforcement and even national security intelligence would be much more difficult following the ethics of absolute truth.

BTW, you were wise to say not to talk without a lawyer. A good interrogator can get the truth from anyone as long as they will flap their gums.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Weird encounter with a game warden [Re: JA] #1334026
04/21/15 11:51 AM
04/21/15 11:51 AM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/03/former_mobile_police_officer_w.html Jawbone from my understanding sex with a 16 year old is not rape if it's consensual..Anyways check this oldie out. Mighty fine officer here

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.