</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Shadow hunter elevation brackets
by Sully. 09/19/24 02:20 PM
Sig Sauer Buckmaster 3x12x44
by inatree. 09/19/24 01:33 PM
SAR 9mm
by inatree. 09/19/24 01:28 PM
Gauging interest Tractor & equipment
by deadeye48. 09/19/24 01:06 PM
2 Auburn tickets
by AU7MM08. 09/19/24 08:28 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Mega Giant Hit The Kansas Dirt Last Night
by Buck_TrackingAL. 09/19/24 04:27 PM
9 Days
by jake5050. 09/19/24 04:12 PM
The Georgia Opener........
by Sasquatch Lives. 09/19/24 03:31 PM
Manure pellets?
by jaredhunts. 09/19/24 01:52 PM
Stray dogs
by Frankie. 09/19/24 01:32 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Fayette County Club
by Smoke_Diver. 09/18/24 08:41 PM
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Who's Online Now
127 registered members (Fishhead706, DGAMBLER, Bigem1958, GrandSlam, BearBranch, Bread, jtillery, top cat, Moose24, sawdust, dave260rem!, gavery, burbank, joe sixpack, Boathand, casper36092, CNC, BPI, turfarmer, GomerPyle, furnfeather, BCLC, doublefistful, odocoileus, foldemup, Frankie, Joe4majors, AU coonhunter, deadeye48, Tailwalk7, SouthBamaSlayer, Floorman1, abolt300, Bull64, Lec, Johnal3, Solothurn, geeb1, CatfishJunkie, DoeNut, kodiak06, Kelly_123, ParrotHead89, twaldrop4, slim68, Gunpowder, Squeaky, hunter84, WEMOhunter, mopar, Kang, Stoney, quailman, Turkey_neck, Beer Belly, jaredhunts, UncleHuck, Peach, Andalusia, Dan4good, 3Gs, JHL, 7PTSPREAD, bamabeagler, hamma, skoor, bug54, Standbanger, Holcomb, Exhoosier, zwick, Shaneomac2, bamapanic, RayDog, Sgiles, Skillet, CouchNapper, AU338MAG, CAL, cartervj, oldforester, HDS64, WPZJR, EdE King, gatorbait154, gman, crenshawco, fur_n_feathers, Raspy, Mike59, Morris, jake5050, Woody1, JohnnyLoco, Squadron77, jwalker77, effinacotton, Spotchaser8, Jus_me, Big Rack, canvasback, MoeBuck, FreeStateHunter, scrape, dawgdr, canichols424, Smoke_Diver, Antelope08, Gavin65, StateLine, NotsoBright, janiemae, Parker243, 14 invisible), 708 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: 300gr] #1381583
07/01/15 11:26 AM
07/01/15 11:26 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline OP
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline OP
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
Originally Posted By: 300gr
Everyone is born of a woman. So to say he was speaking of the fluid filled sac around a baby in a woman makes no sense . When a person is baptized they are burying the old self hence arise and walk a newness of life (born again, second birth)makes perfect sense. Please explain how you think he was speaking about a womans water? He was answering how to be born AGAIN not the first birth we all go through.

Let's look at the verses in context, I'll use the ESV

John 3: 1-15
Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

Nicodemus is seeking knowledge. Being a Pharisee he is the in the upper class of all the Jews...his birth, his lineage, his position--top shelf in his day. Jesus tells him to get into the Kingdom of heaven he has to be born again. Say what? Nicodemus doesn't get it....he is a Pharisee of important birth, why in the world should he have to be born again. So he asked the stupid question of how...go back into the womb?

Jesus answers with more clarity. And this is the important information to focus on.

5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Born again by default means there are two births. Jesus explains it as a first birth of the flesh (human, carnal, sinful, corrupt) and a second birth. Was the second birth physical? No. It is a new Spiritual birth. Hence the saying where Jesus expounds from verse 3. Jesus unpacks the "born again" mystery for Nicodemus to understand. HE tells him of two births, one physical (first physical birth) and one Spiritual (Holy Spirit regeneration, renewal--See 1 Peter 1:2, 1 cor 6:11, and Titus 3:5).

We know this because of verses 6, 7 and 8 and how they expound even more. The nature of the change Jesus is talking about is not in our physical selves, but in our Spiritual being. We cannot repair the corrupt human foundation, we must start with a new spiritual foundation which is Christ, the solid rock. The Spirit then washes us clean, regenerating, renewing us. Now the Spirit is often linked with water, being the life source from above even back to Genesis. Of water and Spirit is the same....born again.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

The flesh is the flesh, not the spirit. Our sinful fleshly bodies from our first birth have no place with God and Heaven where all is Holy and Perfect. Our flesh is interwoven with our corrupt and sinful hearts after the fall...so even our soul is lacking. So we must be born anew. Not physically, but spiritually, born again...the second birth.

The second birth is 100% through the regeneration and sanctification of the Spirit. The Spirit washes away and cleanses us like water does, preparing our hearts to abide in Christ and Christ in us. The use of water reveals two things, one physical and one spiritual: Our first human natural birth, a condition we cannot correct on our own. And our heart which can be renewed, regenerated, reborn by the washing of the Holy Spirit.

As we know, Jesus further commands us, as do the various disciples and apostles, that external baptism is to be performed, the physical water that signifies our renewed life in Christ, having been internally spiritual washed by the baptism of the Spirit and regenerated from the corrupt old self.

For there to be any real change there has to be a heart change first. The Holy Spirit circumcises the heart, baptizing our hearts in Christ--regenerating and renewing us to new life where we then are obedient to the Word and are externally baptized in water as a sign to all that we are abiding in Christ.

The discussion is good for study and seeking a deeper understanding. Bottom line is: Believe in Christ Jesus as the Gospel message spells out, confess, repent, be baptized, share the Gospel, Grow in Christ...wait with patient hope for the day HE calls us home.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: 300gr] #1381584
07/01/15 11:27 AM
07/01/15 11:27 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), by the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (I Peter 3:20-21).

"eight souls were saved by water."
Taken literally we wouldn't need to be dunked in water,a boat ride would be enough.

(not putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God),
Right here Peter is telling us that it's not the baptism of water that saves us but the baptism into Christ which changes our heart to a good conscious toward God,or in other words removes the guilt of sin.

You can't see this because all you can see in these verses are the words "saved by water" which your doctrine falsely teaches.

Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: straycat] #1381590
07/01/15 11:31 AM
07/01/15 11:31 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline OP
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline OP
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
300, I was writing this after you had posted you were done with the thread. So just read if you wish. I appreciate your input on the thread!!!!

As to your 2 questions, I have no idea the answer.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: straycat] #1381593
07/01/15 11:35 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline OP
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline OP
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
If we were God, we'd know 100% correctly every answer and every bi of theology or doctrine.

But we are not. So there will be disagreements by those who are God fearing, God loving, real followers of Christ. But while we may interpret or read the Scriptures with some difference, we must never let that get in the way of our unity as a body of believers. We are unified in our love of Christ, our true Gospel we all share, and our anticipatory hope to be with Him in glory forever.

Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: 300gr] #1381594
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Im through with this thread. Ive given scriptures to back up why i belive baptism is required. Its beginning to be more arguments than enlightenment. Im not posting on this thread because all has been said. However ive not got an answer from anyone about the "sinners prayer" .All i asked for was one new testament example where anybody was saved 1) when they were by themselves ( there has Lways been more than one person present) or 2) by reciting the sinners prayer only. Anybody ????????

I gave you one example but you wouldn't accept it as new testament, though it was in the new testament. Do you want to give me a definition of what you consider new testament? If you do I'll try.

Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: straycat] #1381595
07/01/15 11:38 AM
07/01/15 11:38 AM
God's Country
B
bowhunter86 Offline
6 point
bowhunter86  Offline
6 point
B
God's Country
You worked to get saved and I work because I am saved... It's been a good discussion but I'm just gonna view from the sidelines from now on.

Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: R_H_Clark] #1381605
07/01/15 11:45 AM
07/01/15 11:45 AM
Centreville AL.
sbo1971 Offline
10 point
sbo1971  Offline
10 point
Centreville AL.
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Im through with this thread. Ive given scriptures to back up why i belive baptism is required. Its beginning to be more arguments than enlightenment. Im not posting on this thread because all has been said. However ive not got an answer from anyone about the "sinners prayer" .All i asked for was one new testament example where anybody was saved 1) when they were by themselves ( there has Lways been more than one person present) or 2) by reciting the sinners prayer only. Anybody ????????

Actually that is a statement made in the New Testament pertaining to the Old Testament.

I gave you one example but you wouldn't accept it as new testament, though it was in the new testament. Do you want to give me a definition of what you consider new testament? If you do I'll try.

Show scripture that states that baptism serves no purpose, show scripture where baptism is not required or commanded. You have been shown scripture after scripture where it was commanded, that it does save us, that it is part of being born again.

I am also waiting for a response to how we "obey the gospel".
As far as your earlier apology; no need it is becoming clear based upon other comments that your original statement toward me is your true self.

Elite Omnia, Easton FMJ, Axcel Landslyde 5 pin slider.
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: straycat] #1381684
07/01/15 01:55 PM
07/01/15 01:55 PM
Walker county
Driveby Offline
Doing the best I can.
Driveby  Offline
Doing the best I can.
Walker county
Don't start arguing guys. This thread has made it this far without it and arguing brings nothing to it. I'm talking to BOTH sides here.

The true mark of a man is not how he conducts himself during times of prosperity, but how he conducts himself during times of adversity.
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: straycat] #1381706
07/01/15 02:30 PM
07/01/15 02:30 PM
Gulfport, MS
BDhunts Offline
14 point
BDhunts  Offline
14 point
Gulfport, MS
John 7:37-39
37 Now in the last and great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth in me, as saith the Scripture, out of his belly shall flow rivers of water of life.
39 (This spake he of the Spirit, which they that believed in him, should receive: for the holy Ghost was not yet given, because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Genesis 27:3
Acts 10:11-15
Hunt Long, Hunt Hard and Safe
NRA LIFE MEMBER
"Odocoileus Virginianus"-Mother Nature's original fast food
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: straycat] #1381708
07/01/15 02:33 PM
07/01/15 02:33 PM
Gulfport, MS
BDhunts Offline
14 point
BDhunts  Offline
14 point
Gulfport, MS
Originally Posted By: straycat
If we were God, we'd know 100% correctly every answer and every bi of theology or doctrine.

But we are not. So there will be disagreements by those who are God fearing, God loving, real followers of Christ. But while we may interpret or read the Scriptures with some difference, we must never let that get in the way of our unity as a body of believers. We are unified in our love of Christ, our true Gospel we all share, and our anticipatory hope to be with Him in glory forever.

thumbup
thumbup

Genesis 27:3
Acts 10:11-15
Hunt Long, Hunt Hard and Safe
NRA LIFE MEMBER
"Odocoileus Virginianus"-Mother Nature's original fast food
Re: Baptism Discussion: Baptism: OUTWARD EXPRESSION of an INWARD REALITY [Re: 300gr] #1381722
07/01/15 02:45 PM
07/01/15 02:45 PM
Cherokee Co. Al.
B
bgarrett Offline
8 point
bgarrett  Offline
8 point
B
Cherokee Co. Al.

Its funny all those who are afraid to be baptized and make any excuse to avoid it. This translates different than that translation etc. When King james had the bible translated he had the best scholars of the time. What i read and believe is baptism is the final componet to being saved. If i am wrong then so what im still saved. If the ones that dont believe baptism is required are wrong they have lost everything.
300, I don't think there is one person here that has not be baptized that has been saved because God instructed it. Some just see the water baptism as a work and has no saving power.And some confuse water baptism with holy spirit baptism.But it's all still good for we all believe and excepted his grace through faith.

It's not a Passion, it's an Obsession. That's what I tell my wife, but she promptly informs it's a disease to which is incurable.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.