Yelp softly, I am not going to make up stuff and I knew many ppl would mention a soil sample and needing to do one, which I am in total agreement. I know I need a soil samp.

But here's the deal... we have approx. 70 acres of food plots. I took soil samples of about half the food plots and yes, I need lime! Some food plots more than others but they're not bad, bad.

But when you have over 35 food plots, there is no way in hell that I can attend to EACH food plot for its specific needs. At least I don't have the time to "doctor" each food plot. I have to do the best I can do for all of them and lime is in the budget for next spring.

My question was really to settle an argument between myself and another member. I think... with the information I have, that Triple 17 @ 200 lbs per acre would be sufficient. My other member wants 300 lbs per acre but we don't have a surplus of $. Besides, we are going to dump A'Nitrate on our plots in December. So, I think 200 lbs per acre is fine. We are mainly cereal grain in our plots.

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here so, hence, my question. Yes, I know there are A LOT of variables and maybe so many variables that there isn't a correct answer.

But thanks for the feedback. smile

Last edited by Kounse; 09/25/15 05:57 PM.