Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
We have two properties less than a mile and a half apart. One has plenty of deer on it and needs some does taken. The other is almost a desert with VERY few on cam I'm talking two or three deer on cam in two weeks on fields. One has good neighbors who are managing the herd one has been a brown it's down club for years. This is just north west of Marion.

Here's the problem, but it's not really a problem at all. Folks in one area are hunting a certain way, and folks in another area are hunting a different way. There's not a right or wrong with the two areas. Deer will and have survived and flourished in both scenarios. As long as people don't start hunting for profit again, deer will be fine. What you guys are wanting (and have gotten with buck limits) is to shove your point of view of hunting down everybody's throat. It's this mentality, "if I can't sit and watch multiple deer on a hunt, I want the state to change it where I can". I don't care and it really doesn't matter to me (or the deer herd) that one area less than 1 1/2 miles away has a lower population than you want. Not picking on you at all, but your scenario is the "poster child" for what's going to ultimately ruin and govern the HELL/fun out of hunting. In your post you're actually seriously wanting change based on ONE and A HALF MILES.......

And yes BY GOD I used the quote function for the first time EVER!!!!

Last edited by globe; 12/30/15 04:07 AM.

Everything woke turns to shucks