Originally Posted By: Squadron77
Thank you gobbler, well said. I already work with a biologists and my deer herd is healthy and we work with our neighbors. Why should I have to change what I'm doing?
I started hunting a lease in Elmore county last year and we don't have enough does there to shoot any. I don't need a biologists to tell me not to shoot them I already know that. In five years we will have to start shooting them because we will have to many.

Originally Posted By: gobbler
Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Doesn't the DMP already provide those exact type plans?
Doesn't it allow for site-specific Management if desired??
Why do the complainers not utilize it?

Point is they shouldn't have to be treated separately. The current regs allow them to manage their deer herd as they see fit as it does you! Why should they Have to be involved in a separate program? FORCE others to be involved in a government program!

Originally Posted By: bigt

Let's see leave it like it is because you help manage land that has limited hunters on it due to their wealth and financial means......I think not! As I have stated before if a property truly has the need the State can always issue more tags to that property as they did back in the days of limited doe harvest, but to leave the whole state as is just because the wealthy have access to better land and can keep the hunters on the property today a bare minimum is just plain unacceptable to the small landowners like myself who do not control large tracts of land with virtually unlimited resources.....

I say the State should go to the small, unmanaged properties you hunt and others that want more government restrictions, and make separate regs and limit YOUR harvest to their specs. Leave the guys who have enough land and do spend the money to manage alone! Right now everyone is treated with the same regs. You want regulations on OTHERS to fit your ideas.

How do you determine that you have too many?

83% of all statistics are made up.