Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
Would the hunters in this state be in favor of any changes to the current regs regarding doe harvests? If so, would "doe days" or a season limit, or both be something you would like to see?

I don't care/concern myself with anything other than public land, and land near public land. I grew up hunting on the Talladega National Forest in the sixties and seventies when the only deer in the state were on the Forest. Lack of deer on private land concentrated all the hunters on the WMAs. They had three, two day gun hunts a year on Hollis and Choccolocca. The doe to buck ratio was probably 10/15:1. Only antlered deer with visible bone above the hairline were legal. The harvest was probably 90% of the yearling bucks born each year. The WMAs looked like pumkin patches, on these hunts. Hunters were every where. It was insane. I somehow managed to kill a trophy 3 and a half year old 8 point on 8 January 1972. The deer only weighed 115 lbs. but, at the time and under the management system he was a monster.