</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Honda Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition
by rutwad. 07/04/24 09:09 PM
Hunting stuff
by FreeStateHunter. 07/04/24 01:14 PM
WTT SF Hellcat
by RAmerica. 07/04/24 12:04 PM
assorted .308 Win ammo FS
by Colt1917. 07/04/24 08:26 AM
Ruger LC9s with kydex holster
by Holcomb. 07/04/24 04:23 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Reveal 3.0 Ads
by Ol’Tom. 07/05/24 07:14 AM
Michigan says (articles posted)
by hayman. 07/04/24 11:16 PM
Late June Bush Hogging
by trailertrash. 07/02/24 11:37 AM
OnX or HuntStand?
by Stoney. 07/01/24 11:18 AM
Dogs drug up a deer head
by Frankie. 06/30/24 01:27 PM
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Timber company and alabama power question
by mopar. 06/30/24 02:15 PM
Randolph, AL
by TwoRs. 06/25/24 11:47 AM
Florala, Alabama club openings
by Lead Poison. 06/18/24 11:09 AM
Ky rifle hunt for south AL or MS rut hunt
by todd w. 06/16/24 09:33 PM
University Lands
by clayk. 06/15/24 08:39 PM
Who's Online Now
96 registered members (CAL, bamabeagler, Gut Pile 32, Sgiles, JohnG, Tall Dog, Shane99, Tree Dweller, booner, courseup, zwick, JB71, jhardy, 7mmSTW, Happysappy, Bruno, Brian_C, Bustinbeards, lectrode, MC21, cartervj, Sully, JA, Rainbowstew, capehorn24, odocoileus, BradB, sidehitter, BentBarrel, MoeBuck, Treelimb, RCHRR, Bowfish, Alb, outdoorguy88, Whiskey9, JohnnyLoco, BearBranch, fourfive45, Fishduck, leroyb, Ol’Tom, Gunner211, Luxfisher, m97, oldbowhunter, Andalusia, KENT, mossyback, dustymac, CatHeadBiscuit, bamabug, Uokman2014, XVIII, Zbrann, fillmore, Ruger7mag, GoldenEagle, alhawk, Turkey_neck, AU338MAG, cmontgomery, Noler_Swamp, having fun now, Dragfan66, Chiller, centralala, AU7MM08, Herdbull, TurkeyJoe, doublefistful, Bronco 74, Paxamus, Mdees, bamafan1966, BPI, icducks, TwoRs, DThrash, desertdog, DoubleShoalsJR, Clayton, Bad06Z, Justice, toothdoc, rrice0725, furnfeather, DHW, 8 invisible), 551 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Beadlescomb] #1612535
01/15/16 05:24 PM
01/15/16 05:24 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
I remember watching a guy lay his jacket on the ground at the end of the only dog deer hunt I've ever attended.

The next morning, the prized dog he couldn't call back was laying on it.

I have no issues with anyone defending themselves or others as the need may arise. I completely understand how someone's mind and perception becomes twisted when a dog or dog pack attacks and injures ones they love.

I don't understand those who think taking a life is okay when they don't use the carcass, aren't in any danger and aren't losing any material things (stock or belongings).

Pets and working dogs have been a part of my family for as long as I can remember. We provide for them, we love them as we do our children, we worry over them when they aren't well, we are proud of them when they pass a milestone, we teach them as much as they can learn with their limited abilities, we discipline them when they have done wrong, we praise them when they have done well and all the time we are worried sick when they are out of our sight.

That worry stems from the knowledge that there are people in this world who will kill for pleasure and people in this world who will kill simply because they are annoyed.

The same people cause us to lock our doors at night (unless we have a decent pack of dogs, that is), make our wives and daughters lock their car doors when traveling away from home, and make us think long and hard about the security of our loved ones every minute of every day.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. Anne Frank
Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: doekiller] #1612539
01/15/16 05:27 PM
01/15/16 05:27 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
Originally Posted By: doekiller
Loose lips sink ships.

The lesson from that is don't brag about it. Keep your mouth shut and no one get hurt.

What? I somehow thought you were a little more liberal than that. Sorry - I see now. May be a lawyer who deals with the worst in the world but in reality - life is about how to navigate it without being caught, right?

Honor, decency, character..................meh - my bad - don't get caught.

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Geno] #1612552
01/15/16 05:40 PM
01/15/16 05:40 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Originally Posted By: Geno
I remember watching a guy lay his jacket on the ground at the end of the only dog deer hunt I've ever attended.

The next morning, the prized dog he couldn't call back was laying on it.

I have no issues with anyone defending themselves or others as the need may arise. I completely understand how someone's mind and perception becomes twisted when a dog or dog pack attacks and injures ones they love.

I don't understand those who think taking a life is okay when they don't use the carcass, aren't in any danger and aren't losing any material things (stock or belongings).

Pets and working dogs have been a part of my family for as long as I can remember. We provide for them, we love them as we do our children, we worry over them when they aren't well, we are proud of them when they pass a milestone, we teach them as much as they can learn with their limited abilities, we discipline them when they have done wrong, we praise them when they have done well and all the time we are worried sick when they are out of our sight.

That worry stems from the knowledge that there are people in this world who will kill for pleasure and people in this world who will kill simply because they are annoyed.

The same people cause us to lock our doors at night (unless we have a decent pack of dogs, that is), make our wives and daughters lock their car doors when traveling away from home, and make us think long and hard about the security of our loved ones every minute of every day.

Not losing any material things? How much money do you think most people have wrapped up into any given hunt?
Better yet, let me ask you this, what recourse do we have to deal with these dogs?

I have a place where I've seen dogs 4 of the 6 times I've hunted this year. It's the same 3 dogs each time, and I know who owns them. After the first time, I went and put a note on his door asking him to keep them up. The third time I saw them, he was at about 1000 yds working on his driveway where it crosses the power line. He let them out, and they took off my direction, spent several hours running deer, walking around my fields, etc. then. Went home. The last time I saw them, they came running out of the woods and spooked 4 does. Then about an hour later they came running through pushing a deer. About another hour later they came back through pushing a different deer. Every deer I saw that day was affected by them. At that point I tried to catch them because I was gonna take them to the pound as far away from there as I could. They took off running as soon as I got close. So what should I do next time??? What recourse do u have? The owner obviously doesn't care about them....

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Geno] #1612558
01/15/16 05:45 PM
01/15/16 05:45 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Loose lips sink ships.

The lesson from that is don't brag about it. Keep your mouth shut and no one get hurt.

What? I somehow thought you were a little more liberal than that. Sorry - I see now. May be a lawyer who deals with the worst in the world but in reality - life is about how to navigate it without being caught, right?

If it was legal, I'd much rather come stomp a mud hole in your ass, than shoot a dog. The apparent problem is, that there is no legal means of dealing with this. I say the dog owner should get a tresspassing ticket, after the first and only warning. Make that law, and very few would feel the need to shoot a dog.

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Atoler] #1612562
01/15/16 05:48 PM
01/15/16 05:48 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
Originally Posted By: Atoler

Not losing any material things? How much money do you think most people have wrapped up into any given hunt?
Better yet, let me ask you this, what recourse do we have to deal with these dogs?

I have a place where I've seen dogs 4 of the 6 times I've hunted this year. It's the same 3 dogs each time, and I know who owns them. After the first time, I went and put a note on his door asking him to keep them up. The third time I saw them, he was at about 1000 yds working on his driveway where it crosses the power line. He let them out, and they took off my direction, spent several hours running deer, walking around my fields, etc. then. Went home. The last time I saw them, they came running out of the woods and spooked 4 does. Then about an hour later they came running through pushing a deer. About another hour later they came back through pushing a different deer. Every deer I saw that day was affected by them. At that point I tried to catch them because I was gonna take them to the pound as far away from there as I could. They took off running as soon as I got close. So what should I do next time??? What recourse do u have? The owner obviously doesn't care about them....

My licenses costs about 40 dollars. Is this a trick question?

The same recourse as you have for any crime. 1.) Get evidence. 2.) Prosecute the owner. 3.) Profit.

Do you truly think the dogs had some sort of bad intention toward you? Do you think they even knew you were there?

Do you think they were doing anything other than trying to make a living as a dog and doing the best they could with what they have to work with?

You can probably legally shoot them.

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Atoler] #1612563
01/15/16 05:50 PM
01/15/16 05:50 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida

If it was legal, I'd much rather come stomp a mud hole in your ass, than shoot a dog. The apparent problem is, that there is no legal means of dealing with this. I say the dog owner should get a tresspassing ticket, after the first and only warning. Make that law, and very few would feel the need to shoot a dog.

Vote for me for king and I'll make it legal.

Then I'm putting you in charge of teaching dogs how to identify a property line.

Edit - I don't even own a dog, just the dumb slob that's willing to stand up for them since they don't have good keyboarding skills.

If you want to actually do that thing you threatened, come to Sensei Johnnie Brasher's full contact traditional Kyokushin Dojo and ask for Senpai Geno. After you pay your dues and sign a release, you can do it almost daily if you like. I suggest you bring a friend who has a steady hand for the video.

Last edited by Geno; 01/15/16 07:16 PM.

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Beadlescomb] #1612576
01/15/16 05:59 PM
01/15/16 05:59 PM
East Alabama
M
MorningAir Offline
8 point
MorningAir  Offline
8 point
M
East Alabama
Pour tinks and coon piss all over the dogs if they're yard dogs. Once they go home smelling like that once, the owner will keep them in the fence for a long time.

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: MorningAir] #1612578
01/15/16 06:02 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
Originally Posted By: MorningAir
Pour tinks and coon piss all over the dogs if they're yard dogs. Once they go home smelling like that once, the owner will keep them in the fence for a long time.

We need a reputation system in the worst way! I laughed so hard!

Last edited by Geno; 01/15/16 06:05 PM.

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Beadlescomb] #1612579
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
The problem is these folks don't have fences.

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: 257wbymag] #1612582
01/15/16 06:05 PM
01/15/16 06:05 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
The problem is these folks don't have fences.

Again, we need a rep system.

It's the people who are fault, not the dog. Go after the owner. A judge will put a dollar amount on a hunt if you can show it to him.

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Geno] #1612588
01/15/16 06:09 PM
01/15/16 06:09 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A

The same recourse as you have for any crime. 1.) Get evidence. 2.) Prosecute the owner. 3.) Profit.

Do you truly think the dogs had some sort of bad intention toward you? Do you think they even knew you were there?

Do you think they were doing anything other than trying to make a living as a dog and doing the best they could with what they have to work with?

You can not legally shoot them. You can't sue them, because that takes more of your time and money to pursue. Not only that but the vast vast majority don't have enough money to be worth sueing. And you cannot legally have them cited because it isn't against the law.

Hopefully you are joking with the $40 comment. But I'll break it down for you. Let's say an average lease is $1500. You have another $250 wrapped up in specific costs for license, ammo, etc. add in fuel costs for a season. One time costs for equipment that is reusable. Just at face value you would tally up $100+ a hunt for an average hunters expense. And that isn't including the value of their time. Now let's put it in perspective. How much damage does a single deer do to a farmers crop? Probably not as much $ as a dog does to a hunter. Yet farmers can get permits to eradicate the deer.

A dog is an extension of its owner. It is the owners responsibility. Your liberal ass would be opposed to reprimanding a first grader for cussing I assume???? They don't know any better and I'm sure they picked the words up from their parents, so technically it isn't their fault...... Smdh

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Beadlescomb] #1612598
01/15/16 06:14 PM
01/15/16 06:14 PM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
I'm ok with background checks for dog owners. It is too easy to get a dog in this country.

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Geno] #1612613
01/15/16 06:23 PM
01/15/16 06:23 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Loose lips sink ships.

Then I'm putting you in charge of teaching dogs how to identify a property line.

Edit - I don't even own a dog, just the dumb slob that's willing to stand up for them since they don't have good keyboarding skills.

If you want to actually do that thing you threatened, come to Sensei Johnnie Brasher's full contact traditional Kyokushin Dojo and ask for Senpai Geno. After you pay your dues and sign a release, you can do it almost daily if you like. I suggest you bring a friend who has a steady hand for the video.

While I was talking about dog owners, I guess I'll address you. My experience with anyone proficient in martial arts, is that they don't brag or make statements of threats. Earning the right to that, comes with enough self confidence. But who knows, maybe you are a hot shot. I can promise you this, if it ever came to it, I certainly wouldn't fight fair and while you may whip me, I'm confident I would injure you in the process.

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Atoler] #1612614
01/15/16 06:25 PM
01/15/16 06:25 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida

You can not legally shoot them. You can't sue them, because that takes more of your time and money to pursue. Not only that but the vast vast majority don't have enough money to be worth sueing. And you cannot legally have them cited because it isn't against the law.

Hopefully you are joking with the $40 comment. But I'll break it down for you. Let's say an average lease is $1500. You have another $250 wrapped up in specific costs for license, ammo, etc. add in fuel costs for a season. One time costs for equipment that is reusable. Just at face value you would tally up $100+ a hunt for an average hunters expense. And that isn't including the value of their time. Now let's put it in perspective. How much damage does a single deer do to a farmers crop? Probably not as much $ as a dog does to a hunter. Yet farmers can get permits to eradicate the deer.

A dog is an extension of its owner. It is the owners responsibility. Your liberal ass would be opposed to reprimanding a first grader for cussing I assume???? They don't know any better and I'm sure they picked the words up from their parents, so technically it isn't their fault...... Smdh

And your too busy to take it up with a court of law?

Then quit yer b!tchin. If it's important enough to take a life over, then it's important enough to spend a little time making things right.

Or, in your case - maybe not.

No - wasn't joking, my licenses cost about 40 clams and I hunt the management area closest to me.

Last edited by Geno; 01/15/16 07:18 PM.

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: 257wbymag] #1612618
01/15/16 06:28 PM
01/15/16 06:28 PM
Land of the free because of th...
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Land of the free because of th...
Originally Posted By: 257wbymag

Originally Posted By: burbank
Lesson learned.

Never post it on Facebook.

Even better yet do not tell a soul period. You say you shot a "coyote" if anyone questions hearing the shot.

Exactly!

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.
Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Beadlescomb] #1612620
01/15/16 06:29 PM
01/15/16 06:29 PM
Slidell, La
perchjerker Offline
Freak of Nature
perchjerker  Offline
Freak of Nature
Slidell, La
Take a life ? Are you putting an animal on same level as a human ? Whats the difference between taking a deers life and a dogs life then. You seem to be so liberal in your thought process. Vote for big ears ??

Thomas Jefferson. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Life is too short to only hunt and fish on weekends!

If being a dumbass was fatal some of you would be on your death bed!

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Atoler] #1612626
01/15/16 06:32 PM
01/15/16 06:32 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida

While I was talking about dog owners, I guess I'll address you. My experience with anyone proficient in martial arts, is that they don't brag or make statements of threats. Earning the right to that, comes with enough self confidence. But who knows, maybe you are a hot shot. I can promise you this, if it ever came to it, I certainly wouldn't fight fair and while you may whip me, I'm confident I would injure you in the process.

Bring a friend to video it so you can post it on this thread. I am not bragging in any way when I invite you to train with me. I'm drumming up business for an old friend. I will say it again because you seem to have a bit of a hard time with comprehension sometimes - after you pay your dues and sign a release you can do so as often as you like. Maybe working up a sweat injuring me will save a dogs life?

Last edited by Geno; 01/15/16 07:20 PM.

Re: for the ones that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Geno] #1612628
01/15/16 06:34 PM
01/15/16 06:34 PM
Hoover, AL
M48scout Offline
12 point
M48scout  Offline
12 point
Hoover, AL
Loose lips sink ships.

Sensai Geno: no one cares if dogs can read property lines or not. Thier reading ability/ lack thereof, does not alter the effect they have on folks' hunting. It doesn't matter if the dogs are crossing the property line to give people hugs and cure cancer. They weren't invited and it pisses off the people who have rightful property usage. The fact that dog owners can't be bothered to keep them off the neighbors property further decreases people's tolerance for yapping mutts.

I would actually make an effort to catch, return, and gripe to the dogs owner if I could. But I don't fault people who resort to killing a dog that's a recurring problem.

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: Geno] #1612629
01/15/16 06:35 PM
01/15/16 06:35 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A

And your too busy to take it up with a court of law?

Then quit yer b!tchin. If it's important enough to take a life over, then it's important enough to spend a little time making things right.

Or, in your case - maybe not.

You're something. Why should it be my responsibility to spend the money and time on a lawyer and court costs, when I would never receive any of it back, regardless of whether I won the suit? Have any idea how much it would cost? Doe killer would have a better idea, but u can pretty much tell you, you aren't taking a lawyer with you to court for less than $5k. Why should I have the responsibility of paying that much money and my associated loss of income through time spent, to enforce someone else' responsibilities ?

Re: for the dick heads that like to shoot dogs let this be a lesson [Re: perchjerker] #1612632
01/15/16 06:37 PM
01/15/16 06:37 PM
Old Florida
Geno Offline
Booner
Geno  Offline
Booner
Old Florida
Originally Posted By: perchjerker
Take a life ? Are you putting an animal on same level as a human ? Whats the difference between taking a deers life and a dogs life then. You seem to be so liberal in your thought process. Vote for big ears ??

Please. Not a liberal.

Taking a life without using the carcass, in defense of oneself or others or to stop property loss.

I know I write walls of text and expect everyone to read every word. Sorry - I do read every word but should not expect anyone else to.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.