Originally Posted By: toothdoc
Originally Posted By: mw2015
Originally Posted By: mark
I had an appointment to see a new family doctor and on their forms they asked for my social security number and my driver's license number. I left both of them blank and turned in the forms. The lady calls me back up to the window and says our office policy is we need you're social. How can they require your social security number?

Beware what you give them. Depending on whether you're hmo or ppo they are limited. Doctors in HMOs agree to a capitation amount which is what the insurance company agrees to pay them for specific services. They are not entitled to collect more but many will try to bill unsuspecting patients. This is where the line between billing fraud and capitation amount is crossed. Exercise your rights and don't fall victim to shady medical billing and fraud. If the doctor agreed to $20 but bills you $80 it's his tough luck. He gets $20 and is not entitled to a penny more. When the collector comes calling tell him and the doctor's office to pound sand. Threaten to report the doctor and collection/billing agency to the FTC and state insurance department. Watch how fast they back down and never try to over charge you again.
Most billing errors are a mistake. Take off the tinfoil hat and step away from the Clark Howard show for a minute. Pound sand comments get you an instant trip to the collections office with me.

Sounds like a democrat.

Amen same here

Only accurate rifles are interesting.