It's been a while so I thought I would give a cabin update...

We didn't do a lot on it this summer, because of the heat and because we did a little travelling on the weekends. Three weekends ago we had a large forest fire up there and had to evacuate Saturday that came to within less than a mile of our cabin. Weekend before last we took my folks to the beach, so this past weekend we were finally able to get some more stuff knocked out.

We picked up the new wood stove from Elder's Ace Hardware in Rome, Ga. It's a small one, but it makes up for it in weight. The two strapping young men at Ace weren't able to get it loaded on the truck and had to resort to a fork lift. Which left me to figure out how Mrs. Irish and I were going to get it up the stairs to the cabin. A little thinking, a ramp, a cable puller and a little ingenuity and it's in there.

It's going to be a perfect fit for the small space:

For anyone thinking of purchasing one of these it is a very well built stove, solid welds, thick steel made in the USA...

Saturday and Sunday Mrs. Irish and I finished up all the wiring. Which mainly consisted of wiring all the overhead lighting and exterior lighting. The fact that we are leaving all the joist exposed adds a certain degree of difficulty in that, because you have to figure out something that will be safe, to code and actually look good.

She wanted canned lights in the kitchen and this is what I eventually figured out. Built boxes and ran conduit to each one. It's going to have a nice industrial, but finished look. She likes it and that's what's important.

Lastly, if you're going to work all day at the cabin, you've got to have some fun, Whiskey, Steaks and some Alabama - LSU football over at my buddy Skip's cabin...

Mrs. Irish is going to get started on the insulation in a couple of weeks and I'm going to start finally working on the exterior trim and siding. Which means it is going to finally start raining... grin

Last edited by Irishguy; 11/07/16 04:34 AM.