Get a Glock. To me the Keltec is junk,and most revolvers will be heavier than I would want. It would be hard to beat a Glock 19,or if you want a 45,the 30S which I much prefer over the 30.A good pistol like the Glock advantage over a stainless revolver is that weather won't be an issue,ever. Even stainless rusts but you won't have to be concerned about rain or sweat with the Glock.

I would recommend keeping the pistol loaded and chambered at all times. You will have no safety problems with a quality pistol like the Glock as long as you don't pull the trigger.I prefer a quality Kydex holster that covers the trigger.It will give the best retention and trigger protection without worrying about it getting,water,sweat,oil,fuel,or anything else on it and ruining it. I would buy an outside the waist band kydex holster that fastens on a belt,not a pancake style. I would want one that covers the barrel with only a slit open for water to run out.You don't want an open end holster for farm work.You don't want dirt to get in the barrel if you have to crawl under something.