Soooo...next question. Couple years ago, we acquired a dozen Black Star biddies. I put them in our chicken tractor to grow them up enough that I felt comfortable putting them in with the 9 adult birds we have. When they were 8 or 10 weeks old, we took one of them and put her in the run with others, everything was fine, so we put 2 more, and so on, until they were all in the big run. No problems, whatsoever. After about a week, 'Huntress and I were going somewhere or other for a couple days, so before we left the feeders and waterers were filled, etc. When we got back, all 12 of the younger birds were gone...as in, vanished. Not a drop of blood, not a feather, nothing. No holes or signs of digging/breaking into the coup, and not a single problem with any of the 9 adult birds. It was like they were never even there. The roosts are all inside the coup, the run is 20x30 with top and bottom rails on a 7' tall fence, and it's got Bird-X netting over the whole thing, so no hawks or owls. What happened to the 12 younger birds in 2 days and 1 night that they vanished without a single trace?

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.