I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here - that's a term my Grandma used because she was too polite to use the other version. smile
I've learned there really aren't any rules for turkeys that don't have exceptions. I don't think a few amber hairs proves he his just 2, but I do think they will be hard to find in a turkey over 2. I wouldn't be surprised to find there are exceptions, but the rule works for every one of these.

How about somebody post some pics of a gobbler with long spurs and amber in his beard? Please try to take it in bright sunlight. It would also help if you could put one beside it that is all black on the end so we can compare them.

I don't know how scientific the theory is, but it was taught to me by a biologist. We all know those guys can be wrong. smile. And obviously, I can too. Still, I think the amber method of aging turkeys is more accurate than the tooth method of aging deer. We've all seen how some of the most prominent deer biologists in the state can't agree on that. So y'all post some pics and let's see how we do.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.