Originally Posted By: foldemup
I would love it if my wife wanted to go hunting with me....but I don't have to worry about that, because she doesn't like cold or hot or poison ivy or spiders or snakes or mosquitos! I surely don't go hunting to get away from my family, I go because I love to be in the outdoors. I would love nothing more than for them to want to go with me. Right now, my 3 yo daughter is the only one who daily says she wants her own guns and camo and atv and wants to go kill a turkey.

My wife loves to hunt with me, and she is a stone cold killer. It took many years of patience to get her there, but now she is perfectly fine hunting all alone. Funny thing is, when I put her out by herself, at her request, I find myself wishing I had just sat with her. It has been a true blessing to marry a woman who has grown to share my love of the outdoors. I wouldn't have it any other way.

She just wants to spend time with you, take her. Family comes before your personal interests in my opinion. Just go call a bird in for her. Bring your gun but tell her you won't shoot if she doesn't want you too. I did this with my wife on her first hunt ever. She said she didn't want me to kill anything in front of her, but as soon as she heard that first gobble she said, "are you gonna shoot him?" I killed two birds on consecutive mornings with her and she has never looked back.

"The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. - Finn Aagard