Again, I was trying to speak in terms of measurables, not anecdotal evidence. When folks suggest that #9 works as good lead #4 but have no measurable data to back that up, it’s anecdotal. That doesn’t mean it’s wrong. There’s a big difference in being wrong and having no proof.

I’m well aware that my comparison used muzzle velocity which would change down range. I’m not familiar with any shot shell manufacturer that lists velocities down range, probably because you’d shoot your chronograph to hell trying to measure it.. Secondly, I don’t disagree that smaller shot may have more ballistic advantage, but I’m not aware of that being measured in shot shells either. You make valid points in every statement you made. I’m simply saying that if you tell me that #9 TSS hits as hard as #4 lead and I suggest the #7 TSS is actually closer to #4 lead, neither of us will ever be proven right or wrong. How do you compare 100 hits from one pellet versus 20 hits from a pellet of a different size? I don’t think you can have such a discussion without acknowledging that some of the “evidence” will be mostly anecdotal.

"When there was no fowl, we ate crawdad, when there was no crawdad, we ate sand."

"YOU ATE SAND!" - Raising Arizona