Originally Posted By: SwampHunter
Sadly, I'm not sure the state will put much resources on tracking down the killer(s). The county sure isn't going to do anything. The state sees crime in the rural areas as not worth pursuing. DAs have to plead it down to next to nothing cause they can't go before a black jury that won't likely convict. It's just how it is in the Black Belt. Such is life here.

If it was a local, maybe, but this guy seemed to have quite a few friends down in Mobile. Judging by the fact that it's now on the news down there and some of his friends being pretty well connected, I'm willing to bet that the local sheriff is being told to stand aside and it will be handled by outside state enforcement that dont give a rip about the local culture up there. His wife is calling for justice to be served and I've heard that numerous calls have already been made to Montgomery. Sandy Stimpson is the Mobile mayor and he's very well connected and also large landowner in Clarke County so he's familiar with the area. If he gets involved, things will happen.

Now as far as the prosecution goes, unless they push for a change of venue or can rig/stack the jury box, you're 100% correct, it'll be very hard to get a conviction against a black man in Wilcox county with a mostly dark colored jury. They simply will not vote to convict one of their own regardless of what the evidence says.