Just a question- why does God the wise creator of all we see and do not see, put such a brilliant mind in the frail body of a non-believer? It it to tempt others to forsake the the path to salvation. Before you say that Satan created him, we all know that Satan did not create anything, only God has that ability. If God did indeed create him, as He created all of us, He must have had a purpose in mind, just as He created Judas Iscariot to fulfil the prophecy of the Messiah. I know that Hawking had "free will" to believe what he wanted, but why could he not see the beauty of creation ad the work of God? Perhaps if Hawking had lived longer he would have made the connection, but as it is, he gave us an expansive view of the universe, maybe to let those if us who are not as brilliant see how God mysteriously put together this wonderful creation. The rules of physics, of chemistry, of biology of life itself are there, put there by the hand of God. The more we learn the more evident that becomes.

Let us cross over the river and rest in the shade of the trees
Stonewall Jackson
Hug your loved ones often, Life is short even on its longest days.
I don't see the glass as half full or half empty. I just finish it and order another.