I've got 2003 Yamaha 25hp 4 stroke tiller steer on my flat bottom 14x48 it pushes just me in the boat to almost 30mph if it's my fat ass 265lbs and my brothers lard ass 295lbs plus two summit viper climbers,guns,ammo, 2 15lbs anchors, and the rest of our hunting stuff its just a little lighter with me him and all our fishing stuff in the boat instead of hunting gear it'll run 25mph. The best part is the thing is so fuel efficient. I fill 6 gallon tank up before hunting season and hunt of it 4-5 three day weekends during gun season at the place we use the boat. Then it don't get used much while we're hunting other places till spring when we crappie fish when the water warms up and the crappie go deep I'll have to fill it back up and we fish most of the summer fall till deer season and the boat gets filled back up and the cycle repeats. If I had to buy another small motor even if I had to buy it new it would be a Yamaha 4 stroke it would be worth it for the fuel economy and the trouble free service I've had out of this one