I have hunted out of lock-ons since I was 10 years old. I love them. You can expect to pay $100 for a decent one, and $200+ for a really nice one. I’ve been known to put up several stick ladders and take a lightweight (6-8 lb lock-on) in and out when I hunt each location. Use a strap, not a chain. You won’t make any noise hanging it. If I had money to spend I’d buy one really nice lightweight stand and as many sticks as I could afford. This has worked really well for me. I’m not buying 15 lock-ons for two reasons. First, it’s too freaking expensive. Second, I might not hunt a stand but 1 or 2 times a year or even not at all. I found one I hung two years ago that I’ve yet to sit in. I forgot it was there. So now I gotta make my way up and take it down, inspect, and reinstall. It was one of the $100 variety. I wouldn’t want to risk leaving an expensive stand all summer. For those of you thinking how the heck did you forget you hung a stand, well, you ain’t hung enough of them if you’ve not forgotten a few.