My late gardens did very well and my tomatoes were far better than the early garden. I am still picking tomatoes daily.

[Linked Image]
This batch was picked about a week and a half ago. One of the tomatoe plants went down and I picked all the green ones to ripen inside. All but a handful have now ripened. My second crop of green beans made like none I have ever planted before!!!! They just kept making as did those pole peans. Cucumbers, once they started blooming, have made like crazy. Still getting two or three a day but the vines are tired and about to play out.

[Linked Image]
These are what I picked yesterday and today...amazing to get that many tomatoes the first of September, at least for me it is. My pepper plants don't even appear to be playing out...just way too many peppers.

[Linked Image]
These were picked about four days ago...justs keeps on giving this garden does!

[Linked Image]
My breakfast yesterday...homemade cathead biscuit, big ole slice of vine ripened tomato and homemade tomato juice made by me...doesn't get much better.

[Linked Image]
Pear perserves from our pear tree. This was the first year our tree made enough to do anything with other than let them fall for the deer. We planted this pear tree about three years ago.

Last edited by Maggie123; 09/02/18 08:53 PM.

Be kind to one another and tell the ones you love that you love them often. We never know what tomorrow will bring.