</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
PSA 300bo complete upper only
by Tailwalk7. 09/15/24 08:01 PM
2020 F-150 Lariat FX4
by chevydude2015. 09/15/24 05:46 PM
Knight Wolverine 50cal
by Bows4evr. 09/15/24 05:03 PM
Reloading Materials
by Fletch1104. 09/15/24 02:55 PM
Burris Fullfield IV 4-16x50 Scope
by DoveLover. 09/15/24 02:17 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Corn Prices
by cgardner. 09/15/24 06:32 PM
Hunter's Education Class
by desertdog. 09/15/24 05:25 PM
Liquid lime
by low wall. 09/15/24 04:11 PM
One door closes
by Pwyse. 09/14/24 10:21 PM
Anyone interested in hunting Kentucky?
by Coosa buck. 09/14/24 08:52 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Coosa County Lease on AFOA
by PYhunter. 08/28/24 09:38 PM
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (Kdog, JohnG, lckrn, Gunpowder, Young20, sbo1971, desertdog, CKyleC, janiemae, msims767, rutwad, Bushmaster, Exhoosier, TurkeyJoe, Tree Dweller, eclipse829, PikeRoadHunter, dave260rem!, sw1002, Swamp Monkey, dustymac, jaredhunts, DoeNut, Luxfisher, akbejeepin, WC82, 3 invisible), 407 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What is wrong with our country [Re: Frankie] #2671514
12/13/18 01:51 PM
B
BPI Offline
Booner
BPI  Offline
Booner
B
Originally Posted by Frankie
is sad so many has to seek hope from a god . is there no hope with out him ?

why does a good man have to be godly or can you be a good man with out being godly ??

No. there isn't. and no you can't. There's a difference between what the world calls "good" and what God calls "good'. Good worldly men are what got us into this mess.

Not gonna get into a debate on a deer hunting forum, but you asked.

Re: What is wrong with our country [Re: ikillbux] #2671515
B
BPI Offline
Booner
BPI  Offline
Booner
B
Originally Posted by ikillbux
Originally Posted by Frankie
Originally Posted by jwalker77
What would be sad is the guy in hell burning for eternity calling out to God for help but God does not hear him, that is a man with no hope. A man who is still breathing has hope.

lol ,,, you might be right , commit any horrible crime and you get through the gates just by asking for forgiveness .

BUT, take a man that has never done no harm will burn in hell if he aint godly .

believe what you want i aint buying that bill of goods .

That's the issue, that man doesn't exist. That's behavioral-modification-understanding at it's finest, it's the baseline/default mentality of humanity, it's all about my behavior. It's the single biggest obstacle to evangelizing the unbeliever too. By and large, most people think they are good. I behave good, I think nice thoughts, I help people, I don't commit crime, etc. I think the single biggest error of understanding BOTH with believers inside the church, and with unbelievers outside the church (usually about those inside the church) is that one's behavior has anything whatsoever to do with Christianity. In fact, it's the single greatest cause of unbelief, and the literal reason Christians are thought of as hypocrites. I always have this image burned in my mind of this guy saying, "I'm good as you are, preacher." And he was right. And he was wrong. And that entire understanding has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of Christianity. Most people read the parable of the "prodigal son" (really it should be the prodigal Father) and always believe we are the younger son who ran away. No sir, we are the jackass older brother who believes our "good behavior" should've earned us greater favor. "Father I've always acted right, I deserve it! So why are you giving it to the son who ran off and acted bad??" No man will ever burn in Hell for harm he's done. No man will ever escape Hell because he was godly. No man IS godly because of anything about himself whatsoever. That simply ain't how it works (yet even most Christians think it is) "If we could just get this country to be godly, people would act right." Eh, well, um...sounds all pretty, ain't gonna happen. But anyway...

You aren't born going to Heaven, then relegated to Hell because you acted badly. Conversely you aren't then restored back to Heaven because you chose to act godly, said I'm sorry, etc.
You were born going to Hell and will remain so unless God changes your mind about who Jesus is and what you are to do about it. Even then, your behavior might not change much, you may not have been a bad behaver to start with. YOU don't have anything to do with it. You can't help it, you can't hurt it. You were born that way, it's not your mind and your hands, it's your very fiber of being. You were not obrn just a little spiritually sick, you were born spiritually dead, and that's as bad as it gets. You, Mother Teresa, and Charles Manson were all born on equal footing with the Lord (completely separated from Him), and COULD die on equal footing with the Lord (completely separated from Him). It has NOTHING to do with your behavior. You don't decide to be good or bad, you already are bad. This is not a bell curve or a graph chart, YOU aren't the measuring stick whatsoever. Manson won't be in Hell for killing or acting evil, but because he was separated from God. Mother Teresa won't go to Heaven because she was loving and helpful, but only if she was drawn by the Spirit to trust Jesus.

In scripture when Jesus exclaimed from the cross, "It is finished!!!", he meant the plan to make you NOT SEPARATED from God anymore was finished. This is not about being good or bad, it is about being separated from God or not. Those of us who are "with" God still act like idiots and jackasses all the time!...trust me, it ain't about our behavior (thank God). The "hope" we talked about way back at the first of this thread isn't about hoping for political victory, or hoping people won't be idiots anymore. That will NEVER happen, stop it, it's foolishness and ignorance of unbelief.

Spot on.

Re: What is wrong with our country [Re: deerman24] #2671533
12/13/18 02:03 PM
12/13/18 02:03 PM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
Excellent post ikillbux. Thank you

Re: What is wrong with our country [Re: deerman24] #2671557
12/13/18 02:20 PM
12/13/18 02:20 PM
S
s1nger1 Offline
spike
s1nger1  Offline
spike
S
I have been thinking about this post and want to share some thoughts about it. We have become a me first society. We do and say what is pleasing to us. We put other people down to make ourselves feel better about our lot in life. When we see someone going through a hard time how many of us reach out and help however we can? Somehow, we justify this person is getting what they deserve or karma is finally getting back at them for what they have done, so we move on about our lives. I think back to some of the values our grandparents and parents were raised with. I know mine would try to help whenever they could. It was this mentality that got them through the tough times in the US history. They had to live this way to survive. Somewhere along the way we have forgotten the true value of a human life. We look at people with the wrong focus. We see all the bad and negative things about them and this helps us determine their worth. Where we are right now as a Country is not flattering to who we have been as a Country. You think back days after 9/11 you see what makes this country great it was people in action serving one another with no thought about race, color, political affiliation. We looked on each other with love and compassion we were not divided as we are now. We truly were United as a country and we over looked the flaws and imperfections of those who surrounded us. We were tolerant to things that was said and discussed we held no ill will towards our fellow Americans. We longed for justice for those who died who lost their lives at the hands of terrorist. We didn't care if they were right, left, Christians or not, homo or hetro, they were Americans and we mourned for them and their families. Division and hate is causing us to turn a complete 180 degrees to where we are now. The media is fueling this war. In the end it comes down to matters of the heart. Where do we stand and how do we treat others? God created man in his own image, Male and female he created us in his image. I wonder how much different we would treat each other if we saw God looking back us every time we feel the need to let someone have it or roll our eyes when we hear something we don't want to hear.

Re: What is wrong with our country [Re: deerman24] #2672987
12/14/18 05:23 PM
12/14/18 05:23 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
The landslide change in American culture has really occurred only in the last 10 years (+,-). It's not a moral issue, people aren't more or less moral today than they've ever been. Perhaps the ways we show immorality ebb and flow with modern twists, but again I don't think that's the "division" that is so evident nowadays. I hesitate to even call it a political divide, but it shows itself in the political arena. The thing that's "wrong with our country" (was the original point of this whole thread) is anti-colonialism. The number of people who despise America, and the fervor of which they hate it with, has grown exponentially. Take this crap going on in Hoover right now, it's not about racism, it's anti-colonialism. It's the age-old "Robin Hood" story. There's a ruling class that oppresses a lesser class, as it goes, so the lesser class is fighting back. Wealth isn't earned, it's stolen. Power isn't achieved, it's wrestled from the oppressed. They are poor because it's your fault. This is as real to those people as are our beliefs to the contrary. Until we can remove that mentality from America, this snowball is going to get bigger and bigger until something is destroyed.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.