Originally Posted by JDR4Bama
Originally Posted by ford150man
This is the 4th time I’ve typed this because I’ve deleted it 3 times already. I did so because I’ve never pursued membership so I don’t know the inner workings of the organization. Nearly every man in my family, on both sides have been masons. I chose not to follow their path, along with two of my cousins. One of those cousins wanted to be a mason, like his father, my uncle, but his father blackballed him. His father, my uncle, was the text book definition of a pos. He was a womanizer, a thief, a deadbeat dad, and a useless member of society, and everyone knew it. The only reason his son wanted to be a mason was to try and be closer to his dad, to which his dad didn’t want because it interfered with his lifestyle. To listen to his fellow masons though, you’d have thought he was a saint. I knew then, either wasn’t much to them to cover for him or they were pure dumb a$$es. Either way it wasn’t a group I wanted to hang around. As I mentioned above, they are just like anyone else. Some are good people while some are pieces of crap. I find it interesting though that no one that has commented, and is a member, has agreed with that statement, but instead has only talked about how good and upstanding they are. Just like they did with my uncle.

Your experience is not the norm. In fact it is the exception that should of not have happened. I apologize for it occurring.

Those who desire to be Masons are interviewed and normally those things turn up and are caught. Sounds like a lodge came up short. That isn't representative of the practice as a whole but as a tiny subset of the bigger picture.

If I may ask, what degree are you?

Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world of conformists....Tesla