I had thought long and hard about the above.
My grandfather and grandfather to my knowledge and understanding were Freemasons.

I had a lot of literature, books, and other things belonging to them, which I found after their passings.

The major issue I had per my own beliefs, and this is what kept me from pursuing, is the written doctrine, I read, is the Freemasons have in the belief of a "supreme being".

I will profess with my mouth and in this writing, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the one, and only way, to heaven.
I will not be ashamed of admitting so, and will not profess there are other "supreme being(s)" which would allow one to go to heaven.

It has to do with professing to others, there is a god other than Jesus Christ, in which Salvation is found.
To me, this is done, by not referring to Jesus Christ by name.
It may be petty to some, but just something I was convicted of when praying about the decision.

It doesn't have anything to do with the man being a good man, a good friend, a man that would go to the end of the world for me or someone else, and the community..
There are great men who are Freemasons. There are professors of Christ, who are Freemasons.

But it wasn't for me in my investigations and convictions, to become a Freemason.

God Bless,
David B.

Premium member #8925
Team Rack Addicts
2016 Aldeer Deer Champions