Another good weekend at the cabin. It was just Mrs. Irish and I and so we had some time to contemplate about where we are right now. We both feel so blessed, but at the same time we know that we have worked our asses off to get where we are.

We look around now and we still can't believe that this is our place and it's paid for. We honestly feel like we are staying on someone else's VRBO cabin. It feels like some kind of dream. Neither one of us ever thought we would have something like this. It sounds like a cliche, but I would tell any of you if you have a dream, you can make it happen with enough planning, perseverance and hard work.

Speaking of work, we got both bathrooms completely finished this weekend. Downstairs we finished the vanity cabinet.

[Linked Image]

Upstairs I finished all the trim work around the ceiling and all the exposed rafters. Which was a lot of work, because all the lumber was cut at a local sawmill and just about every piece has to be ripped and cut to length. All the trim has been that way.

I still have to build a sliding barn door for that upper storage area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I also installed the light fixture for the dining room. Of course I had to pretty much completely rewire the thing as all of those pendants were about 8' long... Seriously. We got he dining room table moved up there. It's Mrs. Irish's girlfriend's that has been in our junk room for about 3 years. Hey Doekiller, isn't possession something like nine tenth's of the law? Regardless it's ours now. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course we found time to eat good and enjoy the view with a good cigar and some adult beverages...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]