Originally Posted by mark
Originally Posted by BCLC
God Bless Roy Weatherby! I am a fan of any and all of his creations. I have two .300Wby's that are as different as the day is long. One is a 40+ yr old MarkV Deluxe that loves 220gr Partitions and the other is an Accumark that will gobble up a wide range of bullets from 150-180gr but really shines with the 165gr TSX. Now all you need is a ..240Roy, 257Roy, .270Roy, .30-378Roy, etc etc etc. I wouldn't worry about a muzzle brake unless you're gonna be running 100's of rounds downrange.

I've owned a few Roy's; a 257, a 340, and a couple of 7mms. Wanted a 270 for years but just never bought one. Oh, and if you're gonna shoot a Roy, then you really should reload just to keep it somewhat affordable.

Yes, brass for all of the Weatherby cartridges is expensive and can be hard to find. Try to find some 257 Weatherby brass right now online and you'll understand. 😀 Even if you don't reload, save your brass and find someone who can. 30-378 ammo starts at around $4.00 each for the cheap stuff and can cost twice that much.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe