Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by mark
Originally Posted by BCLC
God Bless Roy Weatherby! I am a fan of any and all of his creations. I have two .300Wby's that are as different as the day is long. One is a 40+ yr old MarkV Deluxe that loves 220gr Partitions and the other is an Accumark that will gobble up a wide range of bullets from 150-180gr but really shines with the 165gr TSX. Now all you need is a ..240Roy, 257Roy, .270Roy, .30-378Roy, etc etc etc. I wouldn't worry about a muzzle brake unless you're gonna be running 100's of rounds downrange.

I've owned a few Roy's; a 257, a 340, and a couple of 7mms. Wanted a 270 for years but just never bought one. Oh, and if you're gonna shoot a Roy, then you really should reload just to keep it somewhat affordable.

Yes, brass for all of the Weatherby cartridges is expensive and can be hard to find. Try to find some 257 Weatherby brass right now online and you'll understand. 😀 Even if you don't reload, save your brass and find someone who can. 30-378 ammo starts at around $4.00 each for the cheap stuff and can cost twice that much.

You can use Remington 7mm mag brass. You just have to resize it, the neck will be a little short, but is ok. Also 264 win mag will work. I have saved a lot doing this.
They shoot fine.
Originally Posted by RobertD
Got one just like it in a trade a year or so back. Only thing I don't like about mine is the synthetic stock. Plan to buy a Boyd's grey/black laminated to replace it. Ballistics on that round are fantastic. If you've got a wood stock on yours I'll trade stocks if you're interested. Mine has a stainless barrel.

I really don't think the kick is what causes shooters to develop a flinch. I believe the noise has more to do with it. I had a Browning .270 with a muzzle brake. Never again. EVER

I have a Boyds stock that was on a Weatherby vanguard rem 7mm mag that would most likely fit. I might sell if intetested.

It's not how much money you make, but how much you can keep.