Originally Posted by capehorn24
Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by quailmanman
wow. if you add up all of the benefits, base pay etc. they are 6 figure employees and technically work part time in comparison to other professions.

My point exactly. They have a better retirement than our military and federal government employees.

This is what I've been saying all along. Teachers are NOT underpaid. They have tremendous retirement and benefits and only work part-time.

Well then am I seeing a career change for y'all 3 in the near future seeing how the retirement, benefits and pay are so good for a part time job?

Do what?? Did we complain about our jobs and pay and say we wanted to quit and start teaching?? We are simply making the point that they are compensated alot better than they think and they dont have a reason to complain. I am happy doing what I am doing right now, but when I was choosing my major way back when, I really wanted to be an ag teacher. I didnt go through with it, because it's a very hard job to get and I was afraid it would be a waste of time. I know quite a few people who graduated with me who wanted to be teachers, but to this day never got the chance, because it is so hard to get into. I dont know about now, but back then you had to know someone to get a teaching job in my neck of the woods.