Originally Posted by Semo
Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
Semo, it's not the foolproof then -- it's definitely a 2-sided box call (maybe World Champion?)... again - i have not even attempted to use this call -- and i'm not a life-long Lynch box guy; i'll snap a pic & post later on when i get home ...

It sounds like it is the "world champ" call. One side will say "use this side to imatate the gobbler" the other will say"........the hen"

I would bet that if you get a good chalk on there it'll work. It is surely a personal preference thing but bands applying just enough tension to hold the paddle between the sides when held upside down or on its side should be a good starting point.

Remember you don't have to put rubber bands on both the front or rear center pin. But I think a call with no rubber bands ends up talking when you don't want it to.

My dad taught me that after chalking you want to take two backward strokes without making noise to smooth the chalk out. IDK if it helps but I've done it for 35 years so it is kind of engrained. Kind of like how you step in the batters box and do your pre-swing routine.

roger that -- i'll monkey with the call a little more this afternoon & try some of these tips/tricks out ... i'm guessing the dying rooster side is the "gobbler" side ... the "hen" side doesn't sound half-bad -- but man, it sounds like a hen that's 90 years old!! can't imagine a hot/horny gobbler wanting to mate it LOL

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 03/10/20 10:44 AM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.