My smoke detectors continue to chirp (sometimes very quietly and other times at full 'chirp' volume) throughout the day. I have replaced every single battery in all 7 smoke detectors. This occurs mostly during the day but will sometimes, very rarely, occur at night. It will also very rarely occur with the down-stairs detectors. The house was built in 2008 and has the type of smoke detectors that are all wired together. The majority (90%) of the chirping occurs in the up-stairs smoke detectors (multiple ones, not a single). They can usually be silenced by pressing the silent button (I think thats what it says on it).

Is this related to a temperature indifference in the house? We keep our up-stairs zone/thermostat set to a considerably warmer (+5 degrees) temperature.

These things are about to drive me and my dogs crazy.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? Do you know of any kind of a fix?

P.S. The smoke detector in the stairwell does not have an adjustable temp setting on it on the back of it allowing for a range non-detect increases in temperature.

GO NOLES!!