Originally Posted by stl32
I follow on FB as well, he dang sure can grow some monsters. No question he is doing something right. My question is with those bean fields, maybe the deer density is not very high. Also he is strange on FB, if you post any questions or point out questions he is quick to delete commits.

I used to follow on Facebook. I do a lot of prescribed burning every year, throughout the year. I mentioned something about growing season burns in the comments to reduce hardwood competition and after a few people liked my comment he deleted everything?? It was like he thought I was questioning his knowledge but I was just trying to be part of the conversation. I didn't like that and I haven't followed him for several years now. Even when people ask good questions he would sometimes delete comments. That didn't make any sense to me. He will also bash other biologist on his page.

Also mentioned above, he used to do a lot of seminars across the southeast but stopped that years ago. He was also involved in the QDMA but distanced himself from them as well.

I think he really knows his deer management. He and his sons are really good at what they do. They also make their own deer mineral. I've purchased some from him and picked up at his house. They seem like good people but I just didn't care for his attitude so I don't keep up with his work any more.