Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by cartervj
Originally Posted by Super Dave
[quote=cartervj][quote=TickaTicka]

I guess I misunderstood what he was saying then.

My numbers last spring we’re once again very high which was no surprise as I had spent a days on end eating fast food while taking dad to the many different dr appointments. His favorite foods so we ate it.
After my high cholesterol counts this past spring. I started eating healthier I’d say 90% of what was posted i eat. My numbers were actually higher the other day. Like James said heck I spend at least 3 times on food than what I used to. Fast food no more is except a half a biscuit sausage egg cheese in the mornings. That has since changed to egg whites turkey sausage and veggies every morning.

Like my wife said. I have a double whammy so I’m really trying to figure it out.

Another question.

Drinking liquor. Jack over ice basically. Yea or nay. I love bloody Mary’s but too much salt so I’m not doing that.

I'm not an expert but I know that whole food pl;ant based diets are proven to not only prevent but actually reverse plaque related heart disease issues. If I needed to get my cholesterol lower, I would do a no oil or animal products diet for a month and see how it effected my numbers. I've ate that way for 3 months before. I don't know about alcohol but I can't imagine it would be good for you.

Even if you could cut out 100% of the fat from your diet, your body, (liver) is still going to produce cholesterol. If you are genetically predisposed to high cholesterol, you still might not get your numbers to an acceptable range. I can recall reading an article in Reader's Digest years ago about a man who was a vegetarian and a triathlete, the epitome of health and had coronary artery disease to the point that he had to have bypass surgery. Genetics is the biggest player.

David