Treatment centers are a good first step, but if he is going to achieve long term sobriety he will need to not only go to, but actually participate in, AA/NA or whatever suits his personal problem. Except in the rarest cases family won't do it and church won't do it, pretty much the only thing that is a long term solution is active participation in a 12 Step program. I would be very leery of a treatment center that focused more on Church than a 12 Step Program. Not a knock on Church which can be an important positive aspect in anyones life, but it generally is not the best solution for dealing with addiction. This is based on over 25 years of personal sober experience. I have watched way to many folks get sober in the rooms, decide church is the solution to their problem and disappear. Most of them, the lucky ones anyway, show back up 6 months or a year later beat to hell. You hear through the grapevine about others, not so lucky, and it is usually not pretty. The brains of us drunks/druggies flat out works differently from "normal" people. And that is why the 12 Step programs work. If getting sober is not the most important thing in his life right now, and if he is not 100% willing to pretty much change everything in his life, he is not ready and your wasting your breath. And that is first hand from the guy who was the problem. I have the best family in the world, all who would have walked across hot coals if they thought it would get me sober. And the sad truth of it was at that time it did not matter one bit to me and it won' matter to him/her until 100% ready, if ever. A lot never get there, but those who do and are willing to do the work can have a great life.