Originally Posted by sw1002
The problem I have with his stuff is everybody wants to take anything that leaves his mouth as the absolute gospel. He has been on numerous podcasts I listen to (meateater, southern outdoorsman, turkey hunter podcast, rolling thunder podcast) and has done a lot of interesting studies with great data. However, when it comes to the season and bag limit stuff he just spews bs and people eat it up. No doubt the guy is intelligent and knows a hell of a lot about turkeys but people need to stop drinking his kool-aid so to speak.

I’m not saying he’s wrong or right because chances are he’s a little bit of both, but experts will always give you the best case scenario answer. Just like Fauci when they asked him how to best slow the spread of the China virus, he wanted the whole world shucks down. It wasn’t practical nor what was best for all of us but it was the best textbook answer to the question which was asked. I look at Chamberlain the same way, states asked him what’s the best way to guarantee we have a sustainable population of turkey to hunt and he tells them to back the season up and make it shorter. They asked a specific question and he answered it, I don’t think anyone would agree that backing the season up and shortening it makes it a little harder to kill birds. I agree that predator control and habitat are a huge role in turkey management but the state can’t make people trap or manage their property to specific standards so season and bag limits are all they have left to manipulate. Now, would I have rather they outlawed decoys and afternoon hunting, absolutely. Chamberlain is a scientist and he will answer questions in the best way scientifically possible, with an absolute answer.

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred ****heads"
- Colonel Charlie Beckwith
Founder Delta Force