Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
You can’t tell me anything on the subject. Back when we used to use dogs the population of hunters and deer was pretty low. There is no reason for a hunter to need a dog to harvest some damn meat and it ain’t the same kinda sport as rabbit, coon, or hog hunting. Heck, a “real” hunter shouldn’t need a tracking dog either. I grew up as a barefoot rednek trash poacher in Alabama using breeds other than hounds for deer and some of the folk got a kick out of catching the deer like they do hogs. I had my fill way back when and been killing dogs every since. Even when I used to drown deer in the Alabama River or kill them with T-post, chicken wire, and ball bat, it weren’t as sad as hunting deer with dogs.

I’m just saying hunting dogs are gonna get shot, especially on private land. The state should mandate breeds, the dogs wear orange, have shots, and collared for corpse identification and lawsuits.

Once they pass it I’m going back to buckshot because I enjoy hunting dogs more than hogs. And, if its collared I’m gonna show up at the address when the wind is right with a can of gasoline at 3 am.

Deer dogs and corn feeders, Alabama is making progress.

And some of yall think Dog hunters are the butt holes...

May the sound of hounds never die!