Originally Posted by Mbrock
I’m not going to allow my worship to be hindered by the fact whoever sings it has different theological views than myself. Although I think there’s several song writers and bands who have heretical stands on issues, if they perform a song that I can worship God to then guess what? I worship. Don’t eat meat sacrificed to idols if it bothers you. If it don’t and you don’t acknowledge those idols, then eat away.

This right here.

As protestants, we just celebrated the 504th anniversary of Martin Luther's nailing of the 95 thesis. As believers, we can rejoice and appreciate Martin Luther's works regarding the solas, while not being in agreement with his position against the Jews. We don't throw out or discount everything Martin Luther did on account of his sinful anti semitic ways. Likewise, if a Bethel staff member is a full blown heretic but writes a piece of theologically sound poetry, we can take the good while leaving the bad. Let each work (in this context, song) stand or fall on its own merit.

Afterall, if God can use a donkey as his means to speak to Balaam and for His glory, then certainly he can use a modern jackass to write/sing a song that glorifies Him as well.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson