Originally Posted by BigEd
Originally Posted by buckhunter2
Originally Posted by HappyHunter
My dads Hyundai Genesis has been in the shop for the last 4 months. Took them a month to diagnose and 3 months to get a broken part in from Korea. This is a brand new $85000 car. They have provided him a loaner but he is still making payments on his car with no timetable for repair. My sister also has a genesis that has become a parts cannon for ver the last 2 years. No way I would buy one.

Totally different animal and Genesis actually split off from Hyundai several years ago, prob the reason for the parts shortage. But I agree, no way I’d buy a $85K luxury Kia or Hyundai. You buy a Kia or Hyundai to keep from paying Honda and Toyota prices, not to pay Cadillac prices.

My 2015 sonata has been great and unless they’ve changed them up, the Santa Fe shares the same drive train as a sonata.

On my 4th Hyundai/Kia and zero problems with any of them.

Santa Fe and Rav4 prices are basically the same. Actually Hoover Toyota has some Rav 4's that are cheaper than the lowest priced Santa Fe at Hoover Hyundai.

But Santa Fe and Rav4 aren’t comparable. The Tucson is the Rav4 competition. Rav4 needs another row of seats to compete with the Santa Fe.

You're only as good as your worst shot-