I haven't taken the time to read through all these pages, but if AL has 52,419 square miles of land mass, in order for there to be 1.5 million deer, that's saying we average 28.6 deer per sq mi.

I know the metro areas take some of that area away, but 28-29 deer per 640 acres (average) doesn't sound too far out of the realm of possibility. My place is in Elmore Co - not in an area that's considered high deer density, and I bet I have consistently 20 of those 28 on just 215 acres at any given time, based on what my cameras see. I'm not saying that we have a 50/50 ratio, because we do consistently see more small bucks than does, but i'd bet quite a bit of money on us having those 20 on us most of the time. So if the surrounding land parcels which look a while lot like mine produces similar numbers, then there ought to be close to 60 per sq mile.... which is roughly double what it would take to get to 1.5 mil. Even if 60 is a bit high, 50 would still bring the average up quite a bit in an area that isn't considered high deer density land. What would the numbers look like in Macon, Russell, Bullock, Barbour, Dallas, Wilcox, Lowndes.... counties where there's a deer behind every bush?

You gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?