Originally Posted by Mully
His pics of big bucks laying in clover fields regularly in broad daylight have to be in the big/little pen because I dont care how little pressure the property has 150"+ bucks dont regularly lay around in clovers fields in the daylight in Alabama. Knowledgeable guys but is very childish acting.

I've never met him personally and I am sure he is knowledgeable. But Mully is exactly correct. I've got a really good place to hunt. Very low pressure, big fields, super trigger restraint, we plant the good stuff but we do not have a fence or an unlimited budget like most of his clientele. Not having a fence means we lose quite of few of our superior 2, 3, and 4 yr olds that we pass and try to protect, to our neighbors, but that is the nature of the game. This doesnt happen in a fence so that is his success factor #1. His success managing those fields is 95% due to the amount of $$ that he convinces the landowners to allow him to put into them. I'd love to see him take my annual budget and turn out a better product. I do not think that he could do any better than I am currently doing without significantly increasing the annual price tag ($$$). I'm sure that he has some ideas that I could incorporate, but I'll go out on a limb and say he's not the best deer guru, or farmer, in the SE. He's found a niche market of high $$ individuals (a lot of which have way more $$ than sense, and I say this from experience) that are willing to pay him to plant for them and good for him for doing so and making it into a business. The majority of pics he posts most definitely come from inside fenced enclosures and I know of one for sure where several of those posted pictures came from because I know the guy that owns it and I've sat in the same field where some of those pics were taken before. Point is, there are probably 3 dozen or more guys on this site that could grow fields just as good as he posts in those pictures, if they had the virtually unlimited resources he typically works with. Anyone that gets that defensive about anyone questioning his process or what he's doing that is so special, or what he's posting, generally has personal issues, or isnt really doing anything special and just doesnt want anyone to find that out. Farming for deer isnt hard, it just takes a little sweat, decent weather, $$$, and miraculously, like most everything else in life, the more your able to put into it (especially $$ wise when it comes to equipment, planting, fertilizer, chemicals and supplemental feed), generally the more you get out.

Last edited by abolt300; 03/17/22 11:52 AM.