I will cut through the noise for you here Jake....

If you have never bought a rifle off Gunbroker I'd figure that out and plan on it for this purchase.

I would tell you to get a Model 7 Remington in 7mm-08. That's what you need... but finding one in your local gunrack... I would highly doubt. I would look on the Internet.

A kid can shoot 7mm-08 with managed recoil rounds and this caliber can be used all the way to Elk hunting if that becomes necessary. It's a .308 with a 7mm bullet stuck in it. That's all it is. Probably one of the best, if not the best cartridge for deer hunting in Alabama that's ever been conceived.

If you go to Gun Broker and type in 7mm-08 in Bolt Action Rifles a whole bunch of options will pop up. There is a Bergara Ridge that would most likely be the best rifle if you want to purchase a new rifle. It should shoot very well every Bergara I have shot has been very accurate. There is the standard Tikka and Ruger American offerings. Both shoot well. I'm not a fan of either they are cheaply made in my opinion. You have a Weatherby Vanguard option. It will be a shooter but the stocks on Weatherby rifles don't give you a compact feel. That's my only rub with one of those for this particular purchase. There are a lot of Brownings. I can't really speak to those I have never owned many Browning rifles but the ones I have owned, if they shot well were very nice rifles. There are a couple Remington Model 7's on there hovering around $1200 and 1 each Styer Pro Hunter with a 20" barrel that if this were me... I would be purchasing.

Hope that helps.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.