</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
2 Auburn tickets
by AU7MM08. 09/19/24 08:28 AM
Looking For / WTB Remington 700...
by Cuz-Pat. 09/18/24 09:15 PM
Husky X-Act Contour floor liners 09-14 F150
by AHolcomb. 09/18/24 05:44 PM
35-12.50-18 Trail Grapplers
by AHolcomb. 09/18/24 05:37 PM
BCA 9mm upper
by k bush. 09/18/24 05:08 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Georgia Opener........
by CNC. 09/19/24 11:06 AM
Mega Giant Hit The Kansas Dirt Last Night
by blade. 09/19/24 11:01 AM
Stray dogs
by Goatkiller. 09/19/24 10:36 AM
Corn Prices
by 2Dogs. 09/19/24 07:30 AM
2024-2025 SOA Hunts
by Antelope08. 09/18/24 04:52 PM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Fayette County Club
by Smoke_Diver. 09/18/24 08:41 PM
Looking for a fella on here
by BBD23. 09/11/24 02:03 PM
Lease bought by The Conservation Fund
by goin_out_west. 09/09/24 08:01 PM
Russell county club
by BryanfromAU. 09/08/24 11:06 AM
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Who's Online Now
126 registered members (IMISSALDEER, GoldenEagle, Rip Wheeler, ParrotHead89, BC_Reb, AUSKEETER, Young20, Bigem1958, mcninja, Smoke_Diver, PossumPecker, bamaeyedoc, mzzy, Chiller, jake44, Goatkiller, Ray_Coon, CNC, claybird, Shaneomac2, Turkey_neck, jdhunter2011, JD53, Stu, AUjerbear, Backwards cowboy, blade, hippi, jwp0020, odocoileus, catdoctor, lalongbeard, Skillet, Squadron77, goodman_hunter, BrentsFX4, Chancetribe, BhamFred, KnightRyder, mashburn, clayk, twaldrop4, SouthBamaSlayer, fish_blackbass, Tracker, centralala, BC, outdoorguy88, lckrn, geeb1, johnmcgowan, Geeb, rhino21, Stoney, JB71, Fishduck, AL18, JDW25, Okatuppa, cgardner, BCLC, furnfeather, hallb, eclipse829, Downwind, Tailwalk7, Ron A., TDog93, Canterberry, Bamasbest, Clayton, 1faststang, dustymac, canvasback, mdavis, burbank, ridgestalker, turfarmer, !shiloh!, BigEd, Hoytdad10, Happysappy, Brian_C, sawdust, HHSyelper, Cjunkin, OutdoorsAL, Tree Dweller, Gunner211, jhardy, JohnG, RebFormanUDA, hue, Jweeks, Ragu, Obsession, UARandy3, Kelly_123, BamaFan64, Lvlhdd, Hunting-231, marlin78, 44MAG, COOTER, jchurch, BCD, Showout, UA Hunter, Squeaky, hamma, MIB, Driveby, Jus_me, donia, ShaftOne, TurkeyJoe, MikeP, 9 invisible), 1,232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tell me a Huntin' story #3938650
07/11/23 10:45 AM
07/11/23 10:45 AM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline OP
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline OP
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL
I wanna hear some huntin' stories.

Summer is dragging on and its hot and boring and I am ready for bow season to come back in. Share a couple hunting stories to pass the time.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938685
07/11/23 11:52 AM
07/11/23 11:52 AM
Brierfield
Beadlescomb Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Beadlescomb  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Brierfield
there i was sitting over a cornpile in a ground blind with my buddy heater going warming up a honey bun and here he come...

We will burn that bridge when we get there
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938688
07/11/23 11:59 AM
07/11/23 11:59 AM
Clay co
A
Ar1220 Offline
12 point
Ar1220  Offline
12 point
A
Clay co
Here is you one from a couple years ago.
I was at and my wife text me. I'm gone get in the shooting house she said. I replied becareful and have fun. Yes I use the highly dangerous cell cameras and about 415 my camera in the field she is watching goes off and I see a good buck running out of the field and you could tell he was hurt and hurt bad. Then I immediately get a text message that simply said holy shucks. At this point I make a phone call and she is chattering like a auctioneer and my wheels start turning of how I can call my batt chief and tell him in have become ill and need to go home. Lol. So I get her simmered down on the phone. Call her cousin who was hunting a lil piece from her who heard her shoot but thought it was me. So I got him to go help her find and get it out which he did. It was a real good 9 point. That I'm on the phone getting the play by play as there looking and find him. Cool thing was where he fell and died at. They rolled him over to take a few pictures and he fell dead on a arrowhead. It was her best buck as of yet and I ain't much into decorating mounts. But she got the arrowhead and after we got the mount back i tied a piece of leather around the head and tied to the base of the main beam.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938708
07/11/23 12:44 PM
07/11/23 12:44 PM
Chambers Cnty./Ft. Morgan Ala.
B
Buckwheat Offline
8 point
Buckwheat  Offline
8 point
B
Chambers Cnty./Ft. Morgan Ala.
Circa 1982. Cold afternoon in Mid-December. Went to a stand about 60 yards back in the woods off of a Soybean Field in Macon County,Ala. Stand was just a platform about 12' up with a metal 5 gallon Hydraulic Can for a Seat. Bottom below me was about 12" deep flooded. About 4:45 I could here something walking below me in the water. Then....they appeared standing in a Cane Break about 45 yards away. 2 Does and a 9 point Buck. It was getting just about dark. I made out what I thought was the Buck and shot....and missed...again it was almost too dark to see. The Does hauled Butt...the Back ran out of the Canebrake and stopped broadside. As soon as the crosshairs steadied on his shoulder I letter rip. He ran about 50 yards and I heard him crash in the water. Got down....found him....went and got some help.....got him out and took him to Society Hill and weighed him on cotton scales....283 pounds. Biggest bodied Deer I've ever taken.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938758
07/11/23 03:32 PM
07/11/23 03:32 PM
B'ham
Goatkiller Online content
14 point
Goatkiller  Online Content
14 point
B'ham

We can make it a never ending story....

There I was..... sitting in my ground blind sipping on a bottle of Scent Killer Gold with my Tikka .243 waiting by the window when out walks a........

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938759
07/11/23 03:33 PM
07/11/23 03:33 PM
B'ham
Goatkiller Online content
14 point
Goatkiller  Online Content
14 point
B'ham
3ft tall Bigfoot Baby holding a bottle of Clorox. He looked over and said.........

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938768
07/11/23 03:57 PM
07/11/23 03:57 PM
UR 6
top cat Offline
Freak of Nature
top cat  Offline
Freak of Nature
UR 6

I'm an outlaw I suppose. Was in a stand one morning. Big buck runs across the field about 300 yards out. I shoot and he never checked up. Bout the time I bolted another round what I thought was him came back out at 325 years and stops broadsided. Bang flop. Call my buddy and tell him I'll be needing some help. I walk straight through the field and looked at him. I was proud and happy. Walked to the road and headed back to the cabin. As I walking I was kinda looking at the gravel. What did I see...... a drop of blood. Proplexed. I take a couple more steps towards the edge of the woods. Another drop. I walk into the woods about 10 yards
.. and there lays yet another big buck. Go figure. Woopz. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

LUCK:::; When presistence, dedication, perspiration and preparation meet up with opportunity!!!
- - - - - - - -A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jeferson - - - - - - - -
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938774
07/11/23 04:17 PM
07/11/23 04:17 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Post this one before but maybe some missed it.

Many of you know that I enjoy hunting and the outdoors and though alligator hunting might not seem to be safe most of my hunting is safe and enjoyable, maybe even fun. Well I thought you might find what happen to me this past hunting season funny even if I fail to see the humor in it.
As I said I had an incident this past hunting season that most will find amusing. As I went to my deer stand very early as usual, I approached with caution as always. Deer were in the area and it sounded as if there was a stampede and even smaller animals scurried away in the cover of darkness. Maybe using a flashlight does scare critters but so does tripping over logs, stumbling down a hill, and falling into a creek when you do not use a flashlight. Wet and bruised I continued to my stand hoping that the deer would return within a short time.
I proceeded to climb into the stand which is 16 feet high and nestled in a cluster of three trees with the stand attached to the largest. The other two are about 8 inches in diameter and offer good cover of any movement I might make. Because it was lightly raining I choose to use my treebrella. This is a camouflaged umbrella that secures to tree just above your head.
This was done not knowing that a raccoon had picked the same tree and taken refuge for the night in the same tree. Now this coon had climbed just a little higher than my stand and the treebrella so I did not know he was there. However, a short time after I had everything perfect and was just waiting for daylight. Soon though I notice one of the most fowl odor I have ever smelled. For those of you who use coon urine for cover scent, my hat is off to you!
Well soon it was to get even worse-- I notice the limbs above my stand were shaking. I was very concerned at this time because it actually felt and sounded like something was climbing up the tree above my head. While trying to look around the side of my treebrella this coon drops a ā€œbombā€ on me. Coon feces bounced off my treebrella and on to my boots with a splat. I do not know what this coon had been eating but he must have made a stop at the nearest ā€œopen till midnightā€ Taco Bell before napping for the night!
Now at this point it is light enough to see and at this point I realize what is going on. It takes me awhile sometimes. So I pulled an arrow from my quiver and decide to poke this coon which is about 4 feet above my head. To accomplish this I had to stand up, lean out and reach up and then it happened... Folks I have done some stupid things in my life, but never anything this ignorant. That coon grabbed the arrow with one paw and bit into the arrow with his teeth. Now all I have left is a carbon shaft, coon urine on my coat, and pooh-pooh on my treebrella and my boots. Oh and the most important thing, A HIGHLY TICKED OFF COON.
He commenced to growling like nothing I had ever heard. He started backing down the tree towards me so I swatted him with the shaft I had in my hand. Now you might be able to control your children with such a device or even stop a charging bull with a broken arrow. BUT YOU CAN NOT REASON WITH A MAD RACCOON. He decided to jump on top of my treebrella. Let me insure you that a treebrella can not support the weight of a full grown raccoon. So you guessed it! The coon is now in my lap. ALL HIS BODILY FUNCTIONS GO OFF AT ONCE, AGAIN! Houston we have a problem. Not only am I covered with his bodily waste, but his scratching and clawing ruined my brand new hunting pants as well. Landing in my lap must have surprised the raccoon as much as me. Some folks have told me that a pantherā€™s cry sounds like a womanā€™s scream. Well anyone within half a mile would have sworn they had heard a panther when I screamed out. The coon was now no longer growling, but is making a chattering noise of some sort. I realize that with all the scent on me he probably thought that I was another raccoon. I think I even heard banjo music.
Needless to say I vacated the stand to the adjoining tree. He, however, took his sweet time sniffing everything as he descended down the tree. I can only hope he doesn't tell his friends.... likely I should have not told my friends either.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938779
07/11/23 04:30 PM
07/11/23 04:30 PM
Mobile, AL
M
Mdees Offline
8 point
Mdees  Offline
8 point
M
Mobile, AL
I was easing up a road one cold, late January afternoon. I spot two does at the edge of the road just a little higher up elevation wise than myself. They make a few hops down the side of the road then stop, look at me, then back into the hardwoods, me again, etc. I hear leaves crunching and get my rifle trained toward an opening. Up trots a nice 9 point, nose to the ground. He stops facing me dead on at about 25 yards. Without hesitation I put one dead in his chest. He wheels around and flops down into a depression out of sight but didnā€™t go anywhere. This is the second largest buck Iā€™ve ever killed. I pull my bolt, catch my brass and chamber another round. Iā€™m standing still watching and listening. After maybe 45 seconds I hear leaves crunching again. This deer trots back up to where I just shot him from, looks at me, then takes off into the trees in a second. I didnā€™t fire a second shot. I was pretty sure I heard it fall a ways back. Well, I go to where it was standing and look for blood. Nothing to be found. I learn the area right behind it was about 6-7 feet below the little rise it stood on when I shot. I can see freshly broken saplings and disturbed leaves. I figure I have a tracking job. Then I notice a deer butt and balls about 25 feet away sticking out from some palmettos. My deer is right there. There was a second buck that was a twin to the first. I saw him again, back on the does, chasing them across the road while I waited for a buddy to bring a ride.
My shot went through the heart and the liver and lodged in the rear right ham.

Last edited by Mdees; 07/11/23 04:32 PM.
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938788
07/11/23 04:41 PM
07/11/23 04:41 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Deer hunting one day when I was in my early 20ā€™s, mid-morning, maybe about 10AM, I heard what I was sure was a baby crying in the woods across the property line. Which was maybe about 75 yards away. It was not constant but about every 2 minutes or so. Not sure what to do and really did not want to get down for my tree stand but had to see what was wrong with the baby.

Climb over the wire fence that was the boundary line and started down toward the baby. Had gone about 50 yard and saw where a dead pine tree had broke off, close to 20 feet above the ground, and fell into another tree but was still standing upright leaning into the live pine. Each time the wind blew hard enough to make them rub together it sounded a baby crying. Was relieved, but couldnā€™t do nothing but laugh......

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938811
07/11/23 05:16 PM
07/11/23 05:16 PM
Ozark , Alabama
B
BradB Offline
10 point
BradB  Offline
10 point
B
Ozark , Alabama
Hunting with my cuz one morning many decades ago and he sends me off to a stand with his typically vague instructions. Finally found in a tree that was about 8 feet above the road in. I start climbing for what seemed a long time using some sort of spikes driven into the tree until I got to a little Baker type stand. It was COLD and I had so many clothes on I could hardly move. Anyway got settled in this tiny thing and sun starts to rise. As the sun rises I wonder why I could not see the ground and finally realize I got about a 40 foot drop below me. No safety anything back then. Anyway I am looking over a big clear cut and lo and behold a nice buck pops out about 150-200 yards out. Of course it is to my right and I shoot right handed. No way to get the rifle pointed to it due to all the clothes I had on and the fact I was sitting on a death trap, so I decided to shoot left handed. Boom, after the recoil and getting the scope settled I see the buck standing up looking like nothing happened. Jacked in another round and sent another and down he goes. Cuz came to see what all the blasting was about. We go out into the cut and I see the buck. About that time Cuz sees the other one. Apparently there was a buck following the first one I shot. First buck dropped into a little ditch and second buck stepped out from behind the trash pile.And to top it off I cut the crap out of eyebrow with the scope and bled like a stuck pig. Great times

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938826
07/11/23 05:37 PM
07/11/23 05:37 PM
Earth
TDog93 Online content
Booner
TDog93  Online Content
Booner
Earth
Nice stories guys

Where is Fred - he will hav some gooduns

And very Nice story Beadle šŸ¤£šŸ˜€

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938905
07/11/23 08:08 PM
07/11/23 08:08 PM
South Alabama
R
Ruger8point Offline
3 point
Ruger8point  Offline
3 point
R
South Alabama
Shot a buck free handed while standing in the 10ft gap of a fence and the deer ran from 75 yards away and ran right by me between me and the fence and almost ran me over. I heard it coming but didnā€™t move at all, just didnā€™t think he would do that

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938920
07/11/23 08:32 PM
07/11/23 08:32 PM
Earth
TDog93 Online content
Booner
TDog93  Online Content
Booner
Earth
I will try - not a good story teller - this was invite hunt from college roommate

Invite was in marengo county - 80 acres beautiful hardwoods not far from the bougue (large creek that feeds river - located just n of linden). Had hunted once and seen slew of does and spikes - back n 80s - any rack was dying
2nd hunt - does n spikes showed up - chasing in early jan. A 5 point showed up - marked a tree 5 yards from me - i was gonna kill him - he made it out in small field adjacent to pasture by hardwoods. Grunted and Chased - finally shot him - he hoped in hedge roe. Out of the other side he came running wide open and i shot him - lucky neck shot and he cut a flip. Had to walk by gap in hedge roe close to where buck ran - he was laying in edge of it. Then the excitement got bitter sweet. I realized i had killed 2 bucks - like twins. Never got invite back - not surprised. But i could tell he never fully believed my story. He thought i meant to do it i think - i did not!!

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: TDog93] #3938955
07/11/23 09:52 PM
07/11/23 09:52 PM
Woodstock
3% outdoorsman Offline
10 point
3% outdoorsman  Offline
10 point
Woodstock
Originally Posted by TDog93
I will try - not a good story teller - this was invite hunt from college roommate

Invite was in marengo county - 80 acres beautiful hardwoods not far from the bougue (large creek that feeds river - located just n of linden). Had hunted once and seen slew of does and spikes - back n 80s - any rack was dying
2nd hunt - does n spikes showed up - chasing in early jan. A 5 point showed up - marked a tree 5 yards from me - i was gonna kill him - he made it out in small field adjacent to pasture by hardwoods. Grunted and Chased - finally shot him - he hoped in hedge roe. Out of the other side he came running wide open and i shot him - lucky neck shot and he cut a flip. Had to walk by gap in hedge roe close to where buck ran - he was laying in edge of it. Then the excitement got bitter sweet. I realized i had killed 2 bucks - like twins. Never got invite back - not surprised. But i could tell he never fully believed my story. He thought i meant to do it i think - i did not!!

Guy I grew up with was im Birmingham newspaper for killing two doe with one bullet.ive had to check before cause at last second another deer stepped behind deer I was shooting at.
My son did something similar shot one doe racked the bolt shot another doe and had to take rifle from him before he shot a third! Luckily it was two doe per day then.folded up both 20 yards from blind

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938976
07/11/23 10:24 PM
07/11/23 10:24 PM
Woodstock
3% outdoorsman Offline
10 point
3% outdoorsman  Offline
10 point
Woodstock
I was going to put a story about getting lost really bad with someone Hunting with me and we had a big disagreement about which way to get back to truck.20yrs old and stayed up partying to late .
I'll save y'all but it's a good one.

Best stories all start slipping into the woods nice and quiet everything goes perfect getting into stand at just the right time then the deer you've had on camera shows up and within 2 seconds you know it's him,then he's 20 yards in front of you.perect day

Then those crazy mornings when you have a buck chasing a doe all over behind your stand and can barely get a few glimpse of the deer.they still fun though and gets you going

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938994
07/12/23 03:26 AM
07/12/23 03:26 AM
Michigan
S
Sasquatch Lives Offline
12 point
Sasquatch Lives  Offline
12 point
S
Michigan
Was hunting a big bottom on Dallas co. Close to 30 years ago with a friend who was new to hunting. Set up on climbers about 100 yds apart on some creek crossings. just before daylight we are setup and I hear a bobcat catc h a rabbit nearby man it is screaming and squalling. Knew my friend must have heard it too. About 20 minutes later a raccoon comes tearing down the creek with three coyotes right on his tail. The coyotes grabbed him right in front of me and the fight commences man what a racket! The coon is snarling and the coyotes are barking and growling and they are tearing him up and finally ran off with him. Man I was shaken up. A few minutes later here come the coyotes again and I shoot the first one with the 30:06 and hit him too far back and it commences to start squalling and running in circles biting at his side making a hell of a racket. I can't get another shot because he was behind a big tree but every time I could see part of him I would shoot again four times total and the whole time it's howling and squalling and I finally finished him on the last shot. Got down and got the yote and went to check on my friend. He was white as a sheet and said what in the hell happened and told me maybe hunting isn't for him haha.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3938995
07/12/23 03:35 AM
07/12/23 03:35 AM
Michigan
S
Sasquatch Lives Offline
12 point
Sasquatch Lives  Offline
12 point
S
Michigan
Again on Dallas co. Had some property that adjoined one of the big clubs down there and had a good spot behind one of their Greenfield's and we would always cut them off and shoot bucks headed to their field. Every time we would shoot one of them guys would come down there hollering because they thought we were on their property but we weren't. Several times I shot one and them guys would come down there and I would.just stay in my stand and they would never see me and after they left would drag the buck out. Man they would .cry and raise hell about us shooting the bucks but they never seen us. I could see them and hear them talking and they never seen the bucks or me. One time a guy was on our property and walked.right under me and another I was sure.theu.found my buck but must have walked right past it.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3939015
07/12/23 05:59 AM
07/12/23 05:59 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
12 point
Pwyse  Offline
12 point
P
Mobile, AL
He looked over and saidā€¦ ā€œSeen anything? Yā€™all should plant some clover gear next yearā€

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3939033
07/12/23 06:50 AM
07/12/23 06:50 AM
Colbert County
T
Teacher One Offline
14 point
Teacher One  Offline
14 point
T
Colbert County
First year I ever took my son out of town hunting, a member shot a doe opening morning on a field. He said the field was full of deer when he shot. The shooter was color blind and he couldnt see blood according to him-really just wanting some help with the drag and loading. We find his deer and we are walking out and son sees a blood trail in the field. We followed it and there laid another doe. He killed two with one shot. He was excited to say the least.

Another time in 1983 we were hunting in Pickens County with a group of Cajuns. They loved to have a great time no matter what they did. We made a drive with dogs through a creek bottom during doe season and several does were headed to a new hunter. He shot one using buckshot and it kept on going. One of the members had the doe he shot come by him and fall into a small creek. He walked over and it was dead so he gutted it and pulled it out of the creek. He went back to where he was standing and the member who shot it and a friend came down the bottom following the blood trail. The member who gutted the deer could hear every word the shooter and his friend were saying. When they found the deer, he made a big whew wee. It was his first deer. He then looked at his friend and said he had shot all the guts out of the deer.

One more, a buddy told a story that when he was younger he shot a small buck that ran into some thick cutover brambles. He knew the deer was dead so he sat his gun down and thrashed through the brambles to get it. Seems his deer wasnt dead and it ran into him face first. He took out a knife as he was wrestling with the deer and began to stab the deer with the knife. He was finally able to subdue the deer and he sat down to catch his breath. He was looking into the brambles and there laid another deer. It was the deer he had originally shot. Seems he caught a deer and killed it with his knife-or at least that was the story he always told.

I can't stand a thief.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.