</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
38 Special ammo
by leroyb. 09/07/24 06:19 PM
PSE Carbon Air 34 ECS
by aucountry. 09/07/24 04:34 PM
Savage high country
by Dr594. 09/07/24 02:13 PM
2023 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Night Edition Crewcab
by jsmith. 09/07/24 01:29 PM
MOA Magazine Extension Deluxe kit – Stoeger M3000
by aucountry. 09/07/24 12:15 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunter's Education Class
by Stoney. 09/07/24 04:42 PM
Corn Prices
by WINMAG300. 09/07/24 11:40 AM
Boykin WMA..
by abolt300. 09/07/24 07:49 AM
Saddle hunting
by hamma. 09/07/24 07:32 AM
Velvet
by Tree Dweller. 09/07/24 01:33 AM
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Greene County Club (Union) - Full Rights - Private
by DuckDown11. 08/29/24 02:36 PM
Coosa County Lease on AFOA
by PYhunter. 08/28/24 09:38 PM
Long Shot, I know
by Nightwatchman. 08/28/24 02:02 PM
Any one looking for land in Winton County
by Doeslayer44. 08/26/24 07:10 PM
Need 4 members Jefferson Co
by Mascot. 08/19/24 12:30 PM
Who's Online Now
131 registered members (GrandSlam, aucivil, BCLC, BobK, HOWTON21, G/H, having fun now, !shiloh!, dirtwrk, 3bailey3, jhardy, Mulcher, T Bone, CNC, billrv, Bake, SouthBamaSlayer, geeb1, DHW, kaintuck, ImThere, Savage33, bamaeyedoc, RSF, Red Fox, Luxfisher, Jotjackson, bug54, BC, 163dm, bambam32, TurkeyJoe, brett.smith, Downwind, Andalusia, MS_Hunter, CatHeadBiscuit, deerman24, CrappieMan, Tailwalk7, gatorbait154, Zbrann, Tupi, Cactus_buck, RidgeRanger, BamaPlowboy, WhoMe, seadoge8, beetrapper, foldemup, J_K, Morris, jwalker77, bass1090, ronfromramer, Woody1, booner, limabean, dave260rem!, stuball, TexasHuntress, aucountry, Joe4majors, Daveleeal, Chancetribe, leroycnbucks, BhamFred, cgardner, MattIce, Young20, 4Him146, PikeRoadHunter, janiemae, biglmbass, hue, outdoorguy88, CCC, deadeye48, Squeaky, leroyb, PapaD, Butchman205, Captain Howdy, jaredhunts, bamaguzzi, metalmuncher, rrice0725, Robert D., Johnal3, MC21, Thread Killer, MikeP, AU7MM08, AJones, Ron A., jake44, Bad06Z, centralala, Dragfan66, IDOT, coldtrail, twaldrop4, Mjh97, trlrdrdave, catdoctor, Claims Rep., Deerslayer33, 1hunter, eclipse829, El_Matador, oakachoy, zwick, square, Cuz-Pat, Alb, ucmducks, 15 invisible), 471 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3941478
07/16/23 09:36 PM
07/16/23 09:36 PM
UR 6
top cat Online content
Freak of Nature
top cat  Online Content
Freak of Nature
UR 6

Blessed to be able to hunt from me back door every day. My grill with seat cousin on top is one of my best stands.

LUCK:::; When presistence, dedication, perspiration and preparation meet up with opportunity!!!
- - - - - - - -A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jeferson - - - - - - - -
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: NorthAlabama] #3941479
07/16/23 09:37 PM
07/16/23 09:37 PM
george county ms
johndeere5036 Offline
10 point
johndeere5036  Offline
10 point
george county ms
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama
The old gray buck with 9 lives.....First day of gun season on the forest over looking a branch area up high. Boom boom boom a mile away. Boom boom boom a half mile away. Boom boom boom quarter mile away. Dang, a buck is heading my way. Minutes later, I see him walking the branch. With tree top branches far away in the scope, boom. Nothing happens. Dang. Boom again, nothing happens. I'm thinking my scopes is off, so I aim low, boom. The buck turns and runs to the bottom of the other hill side. Minutes of nothing. Then I see a glimpse of him walking up the other hill. With a tiny hole to shoot through, boom again, then nothing again. Dang. I climb down to check things out 10 minutes later. Behold, the sucker is laying on the steep hill side, what a lucky shot. I get up to the deer and he tries to get up, a spine shot. With the water straight down, I grab the hind leg and with one pull, he slides down to the branch. Ok, now die. Minutes later, no death. Not to waste another bullet, I decide to place my gun up against a tree, knee down on the deer, grab the horns in the back with both hands, and stick the deer's nose in the water. Not a bright ideal. Thirty seconds in the water, the deer comes alive. Throws me off backwards while jumping up and runs forty yards and stops, just stands there. I grab the gun and waited. Dang it, finally a lung shot area shot because he starts to walk off minutes later. Then he walks ten yards and just stands there. His rear starts to sway side to side minutes later, down he goes sliding down a steep embankment. At the bottom, he won't die. He is kicking and tring to get up. No other option, boom again. Thirty seconds later, it is gutting time. That many shots at him by everyone, his luck did run out.

Damn how many shells does your gun hold. What was the problem with all the other shots fired

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: NorthAlabama] #3941510
07/16/23 10:12 PM
07/16/23 10:12 PM
Huntsville, AL
Claims Rep. Online content
Old Mossy Horns
Claims Rep.  Online Content
Old Mossy Horns
Huntsville, AL
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama
... I sprayed the forest floor. Shooting out 10 yards with so much back pressure, such a relief just in time….

rofl rofl rofl

Jesus... I hope you know Him personally like I do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Proud crossbow hunter!
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3941534
07/17/23 12:35 AM
07/17/23 12:35 AM
Michigan
S
Sasquatch Lives Offline
12 point
Sasquatch Lives  Offline
12 point
S
Michigan
Guy I hunted with brought a young neighbor boy hunting with us in Dallas co. The kid had never been in the woods and was a little jumpy about sitting by himself especially around dark. Went in and put him in before daylight with instructions that he could shoot a buck or doe. We had a local guy illegally trapping along the creek on the property but had never seen him. Well that morning right at first light the trapper comes wading down the creek wearing bulky waders and a heavy coat. The kid sees him in the gloom and thinks it's a sasquatch and puts the scope on him and yells warning him to get away. I guess the dude saw this kid aiming the rifle at him an got the hell out of there.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Hunting-231] #3941556
07/17/23 05:56 AM
07/17/23 05:56 AM
Locust Fork, Alabama
BC Online content
Freak of Nature
BC  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Locust Fork, Alabama
Originally Posted by BC_Reb
Dang BC, I didn’t know that happened to your buddy.. That’s as sad as it gets there. I know you and I know his father really appreciated spending that time in the woods with you.

Originally Posted by Hunting-231
BC - That is hands down the best post I've ever had the pleasure of reading on this forum.

Thanks fellas. A lot of tears and hurt went into that post. It sucks when you read it in the papers but when it hits close to home like that one did it's horrible. I'm just glad I got to participate in the second leg of that story and it's something I'll never forget.

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3942779
07/19/23 11:57 AM
07/19/23 11:57 AM
pensacola,fl
dagwood Offline
10 point
dagwood  Offline
10 point
pensacola,fl
Once upon a time, Hunter entered the West Wing of the white house. As soon as he was in he realized he had left a bag of his cocaine in his coat pocket. He quickly checked to see if anyone was around or if their were cameras and carefully placed it on a shelf in an alcove. He slipped out to meet some Chinese spies and receive payment for access to the president and lived happily ever after. The end.

jmlane
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3942794
07/19/23 12:33 PM
07/19/23 12:33 PM
Kennedy, al
G
globe Offline
Booner
globe  Offline
Booner
G
Kennedy, al
One of the coolest stories I’ve ever heard of happened to the dad of a girl I dated for several years back in the late 80’s, early 90’s. He worked for A large Mississippi furniture company and had access to their property on the Tom bigbee river. It was old sand and gravel pits down past magnolia motor speed way in Columbus. We used to fish those gravel pits and catch some fine bass, crappie and huge grinnell.
Deer hunting was always promising but just never could really figure them out.
There were sloughs around the gravel pits and big cypress trees in the sloughs. I killed a few with my bow, but never one with a rifle. Fox squirrels everywhere!
There was a hard freeze late one winter and he ended up going and I didn’t. He said the sloughs were all froze over hard and he was just slipping around the edge of them. He jumped a huge buck and it jumped in one of the frozen sloughs and busted through the ice. He said that buck would go under, push off bottom and bust the ice with his horns while he was steadily shooting at him. The deer finally made it across the slough and of course he was out of shells by then and the buck just climbed up the bank, turned around and looked at him for 5-10 seconds… lol.
The way he told it, I could see ice chips and water flying and that deer busting ice! Then the bucks stare from the bank when he knew he wasn’t in danger anymore. Always loved that one.

Everything woke turns to shucks
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3943132
07/19/23 09:48 PM
07/19/23 09:48 PM
ford150man Offline
Old Mossy Horns
ford150man  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
I’ve told this one on here before but here goes again. Many years ago it was pouring down rain on opening day. I mean a real toad strangler. Everyone slept in and didn’t even hunt the first day. Finally it stopped raining about 2:00 and I took off to a tripod stand on a ridge overlooking a strip we had planted. At 4:00 pm a small buck walks out followed by a big 8 pointer. The split second I shot the 8, I saw an even bigger deer behind him. Naturally, at the shot, the deer was gone. I hunted that deer religiously for about three weeks and saw probably a dozen racked bucks but all small basket racks. My father-in-law loved, and still does, to hunt a shoot house over looking good plots. He had been hunting a big field about 500 yards or more from me, over the next ridge, for several weeks and had only seen one spike the whole time. One afternoon he asks where I’m going to hunt for that afternoon and I told him I was going back to my tripod to try and get a glimpse of the deer I had been hunting and knew was in the area. He asked if I’d swap spots with him and go sit in the food plot and let him go to my tripod and maybe shoot one of the smaller bucks I had been seeing. I said no but he wore me down and I finally have in, even though I hated the field he had been hunting because I had never seen a deer there. About 4:30, I saw the spike he had been seeing enter the back of the field. I watched that deer for probably 15-20 minutes through my scope. (I know…but I didn’t have binoculars) All of a sudden, a large buck literally walked into the view of my scope and judged the spike. While I was watching the spike, this deer had crossed probably 100 years of open field without me knowing it. I moved the crosshairs over onto his shoulder and squeezed the trigger, dropping him. I got out to the deer to find the buck I had been hunting for what was now the past month. It was a nice 10 pointer. Would have been an 11 with a double brow tone but he had broken one of those off. Father-in-law was pissed at himself for giving up his spot.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3943140
07/19/23 09:55 PM
07/19/23 09:55 PM
Earth
TDog93 Offline
Booner
TDog93  Offline
Booner
Earth
^^
Awesome and funny and his own desire to shoot took him away from that field 😀 classic

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3943167
07/19/23 11:12 PM
07/19/23 11:12 PM
Gurley, Alabama
S
Standbanger Offline
12 point
Standbanger  Offline
12 point
S
Gurley, Alabama
Few years back I hunted Ohio with some friends from GA. These boys got there 2 days before me and it rained those 2 days and 3 more after I got there. It stopped raining and turned dreadful cold for southern boys. I had no clue where I was going so I climbed along side a road next to a clear cut. I ran deer off in the clear cut after I got climbed high enough for the deer to see me. I sat there until 10 o’clock then got down. I walked across the clear cut to a patch of woods with a big hollow leading up to it. I put my climber around a tree in some great deer sign. Beautiful woods big white oaks little draws heading out of the hollow. I rolled back to camp. The boys were about to head out on a tracking job so I loaded up to go. Bobo kilt a big 8 and the celebration began. I couldn’t hunt that evening not able. I got up the early the next morning got all the clothes I had on. I headed out to my stand climbed up waiting on daylight. It got light enough to see not light enough to shoot. I was slam covered up in deer. I hunkered up trying to stay warm deer moving everywhere. Finally a good one gets close enough to get ready. I stand up shoot and kilt a limb arrow splinters hitting the ground in all directions. I sit down reload another arrow and wait. It is no time before another deer gets in range. I shoot hit the same limb again arrow splinters raining down. I reload another arrow hang my bow up sit down. I know I ain’t shooting in that direction again no matter what. It’s nigh on mid morning guts are growling hungry as all heck. Thinking about climbing down reached up to get my bow off the hook. I guess it was luck but a buck and a good one was coming up one of the draws. I stand and draw released the arrow watched it like it was in slow motion as the arrow entered a little low but otherwise perfect. The buck took a few steps and died. The most beautiful heart shot I have ever made. A nine point with a little kicker off his left side. The good Lord helps bow hunters.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3943291
07/20/23 10:33 AM
07/20/23 10:33 AM
Florida
J
jacannon Offline
10 point
jacannon  Offline
10 point
J
Florida
I have been camping, fishing, and hunting in the Apalachicola River swamp many times and its always a great time. We were squirrel hunting, paddling a canoe down the Florida river headed for a land locked cypress pond. We start hearing squirrels barking and fussing at something. We beach the canoe and start heading for the pond. It is about 100 yds. from the river. We kill two squirrels on the way in and see something white walking near the pond. It is a solid white house cat and he is glad to see us. I know he didn't get there all by himself cause we are a long ways from anywhere. I have never seen anyplace that holds squirrels like the river swamp. About every kind of food a squirrel eats and most all trees are hollow. My buddy and I hunted around that cat till about dark and killed 6 more. I have squirrel hunted many times over the years ,but the only time I ever hunted over a cat, but it sure worked good. So keep this in mind, if your dog ain't treeing, it might be worthwhile to take the cat. Just a thought. Good Hunting.

Grandma said...Always keep a gun close at hand, you just never know when you might run across some varmint that needs killing...
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3943505
07/20/23 07:51 PM
07/20/23 07:51 PM
Amory,MS
T
Turkey Petter Offline
8 point
Turkey Petter  Offline
8 point
T
Amory,MS
BC -

That’s a fantastic turkey hunt! Thanks for sharing.

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: dawgdr] #3943628
07/21/23 05:36 AM
07/21/23 05:36 AM
McCalla
Big AL 76 Offline
12 point
Big AL 76  Offline
12 point
McCalla
Originally Posted by dawgdr
Circa 1989: My best friend and I joined a club together. He at that time had a girlfriend who tagged along on most fishing trips and ended up wanting to go deer hunting that year. For some reason my buddy felt she needed to carry a gun despite the fact she wasn't leaving his side. So he borrowed a Winchester lever 30-30 from a friend, which was of questionable working order. Turned out we took my car, A luxurious Chevy citation. Well before daylight We drive down and I had him drop me off and I walked in to a cutover and setup. He was to take my car down about 2 miles further where he and his girlfriend were going to hunt. We had an agreed time of 11:00am that they would come pick me back up.
kick
Well, 11:00am came and I heard nothing of him driving up but figured I’d walk out to a main road and wait. When I get there I see my car parked and my buddy standing alone to the side. He walks up to me with tears in his eyes and states, “there’s been an accident”. I think, ok….. I’m looking around and I don’t see the girl girlfriend anywhere. Not in the car, not standing anywhere…… oh crap. So I ask the inevitable, “What kind of accident?” He says “the 30-30 went off” My stomach now sinks….. so I ask….”and……??” He says, “I shot your car”. Me: “Ok…… where’s the girl?” She’s in the back seat laying down crying”. Me: “crying about what?” Him:” She thinks there’s going to be a fight because I shot your car”. Me: “is the car drivable?” Him: “ absolutely, the bullet went through the bottom of the passenger door panel”. Me: “Well let’s get home then”. I see the car door, which the 30-30 bullet penetrated through and through. I then start to laugh out loud as I now know we don’t have to make accidental death calls, and the reality of these two having the crap scared out of them with the gun going off in the predawn darkness, and the fears that I was going to be fighting and over this. I honestly was so glad we could drive it home and not have to walk out for help that I just laughed and smiled. I knew I would get years and years out of this story. That car had the hole in the door the day I sold it. The buyer loved the story as well.

Rest of the story: the lever him had jammed when he tried to chamber a round. He walked back the car to use the dome light. The action wasn’t closing as it should. But when it finally did…. well, you know.

One of the kids(grown)put a Creedmore bullet through my suburban door...you could hardly see the entry but on the outside of the door it mushroomed out...all the other kids got a kick out of the trucks bullet wound..

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3943802
07/21/23 10:54 AM
07/21/23 10:54 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
My favorite.......In 2007 I decided that my son, 7 YOA at the time, was proficient enough to shoot at a deer after being my wingman for several years. I chose a good shooting house with a relatively close shot opportunity. As hoped, a little before dark, out pops a big doe. The New England Firearms .243 drops her in her tracks for his first. It was the day after Thanksgiving. That evening when we get home a friend calls and says he has two tickets to the Iron Bowl he can't use if we want them. Sure we do as we are on a roll and our Tigers can always use the help. We went and AU won. Sunday afternoon rolls around and I ask him if he wants to go and hunt for his first buck? Of course he does and I had already made up my mind that in accordance with our group rules, he could shoot whatever buck he wanted to as his first. We sit up in a box based on the wind and he's on my right. I see something moving to my left and it is a decent 2.5 year old 6 point headed to the food plot. He sits on my knee in order to see and shoot out of the left window. The buck gets to the plot and I told him to shoot when ready. Then he gives me the words I'll never forget. He says "What about that other one Dadddy?" as he points back behind where the 6 came from. I'm leaning back and can't see that way so I lean up and look back into the sedge and my heart jumps up in my chest. All I could say was "Yep, shoot the back one". It steps out into the opening and he fires. It bucks so I know he hit it good. It was only about 50 yards or so from us. I watched it run off and marked about where I last saw it. I then heard what I thought might have been it piling up about 150 yards away. I went and found the initial blood. Since it was almost dark and some of our group was also down that afternoon I decided to wait for help. They all came right on at dark and we started the trail. After a bit the blood petered out so one of them said he was going to walk on into the hardwoods where you could see better. In a short time he yells "Oh my God!". We go and recover the 8 point with an 18" inside spread. Great deer for a first buck from a 7 year old. He became an instant celebrity at his school, Morgan Academy, the next day with the pictures. No doubt the best Thanksgiving holiday ever.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: jawbone] #3943808
07/21/23 11:08 AM
07/21/23 11:08 AM
Locust Fork, Alabama
BC Online content
Freak of Nature
BC  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Locust Fork, Alabama
Originally Posted by jawbone
My favorite.......In 2007 I decided that my son, 7 YOA at the time, was proficient enough to shoot at a deer after being my wingman for several years. I chose a good shooting house with a relatively close shot opportunity. As hoped, a little before dark, out pops a big doe. The New England Firearms .243 drops her in her tracks for his first. It was the day after Thanksgiving. That evening when we get home a friend calls and says he has two tickets to the Iron Bowl he can't use if we want them. Sure we do as we are on a roll and our Tigers can always use the help. We went and AU won. Sunday afternoon rolls around and I ask him if he wants to go and hunt for his first buck? Of course he does and I had already made up my mind that in accordance with our group rules, he could shoot whatever buck he wanted to as his first. We sit up in a box based on the wind and he's on my right. I see something moving to my left and it is a decent 2.5 year old 6 point headed to the food plot. He sits on my knee in order to see and shoot out of the left window. The buck gets to the plot and I told him to shoot when ready. Then he gives me the words I'll never forget. He says "What about that other one Dadddy?" as he points back behind where the 6 came from. I'm leaning back and can't see that way so I lean up and look back into the sage and my heart jumps up in my chest. All I could say was "Yep, shoot the back one". It steps out into the opening and he fires. It bucks so I know he hit it good. It was only about 50 yards or so from us. I watched it run off and marked about where I last saw it. I then heard what I thought might have been it piling up about 150 yards away. I went and found the initial blood. Since it was almost dark and some of our group was also down that afternoon I decided to wait for help. They all came right on at dark and we started the trail. After a bit the blood petered out so one of them said he was going to walk on into the hardwoods where you could see better. In a short time he yells "Oh my God!". We go and recover the 8 point with an 18" inside spread. Great deer for a first buck from a 7 year old. He became an instant celebrity at his school, Morgan Academy, the next day with the pictures. No doubt the best Thanksgiving holiday ever.

That's awesome!

Except for the Auburn part. lol

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: jawbone] #3944327
07/22/23 11:05 AM
07/22/23 11:05 AM
Huntsville, AL
Claims Rep. Online content
Old Mossy Horns
Claims Rep.  Online Content
Old Mossy Horns
Huntsville, AL
My favorite.......In 2007 I decided that my son, 7 YOA at the time, was proficient enough to shoot at a deer after being my wingman for several years. I chose a good shooting house with a relatively close shot opportunity. As hoped, a little before dark, out pops a big doe. The New England Firearms .243 drops her in her tracks for his first. It was the day after Thanksgiving. That evening when we get home a friend calls and says he has two tickets to the Iron Bowl he can't use if we want them. Sure we do as we are on a roll and our Tigers can always use the help. We went and AU won. Sunday afternoon rolls around and I ask him if he wants to go and hunt for his first buck? Of course he does and I had already made up my mind that in accordance with our group rules, he could shoot whatever buck he wanted to as his first. We sit up in a box based on the wind and he's on my right. I see something moving to my left and it is a decent 2.5 year old 6 point headed to the food plot. He sits on my knee in order to see and shoot out of the left window. The buck gets to the plot and I told him to shoot when ready. Then he gives me the words I'll never forget. He says "What about that other one Dadddy?" as he points back behind where the 6 came from. I'm leaning back and can't see that way so I lean up and look back into the sedge and my heart jumps up in my chest. All I could say was "Yep, shoot the back one". It steps out into the opening and he fires. It bucks so I know he hit it good. It was only about 50 yards or so from us. I watched it run off and marked about where I last saw it. I then heard what I thought might have been it piling up about 150 yards away. I went and found the initial blood. Since it was almost dark and some of our group was also down that afternoon I decided to wait for help. They all came right on at dark and we started the trail. After a bit the blood petered out so one of them said he was going to walk on into the hardwoods where you could see better. In a short time he yells "Oh my God!". We go and recover the 8 point with an 18" inside spread. Great deer for a first buck from a 7 year old. He became an instant celebrity at his school, Morgan Academy, the next day with the pictures. No doubt the best Thanksgiving holiday ever.

That’s awesome! Post a pic of your son with that buck.

Jesus... I hope you know Him personally like I do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Proud crossbow hunter!
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3944359
07/22/23 12:32 PM
07/22/23 12:32 PM
Alabama
3FFarms Offline
ALDEER SPONSOR
3FFarms  Offline
ALDEER SPONSOR
Alabama
Some incredible stories in this thread. Emotional highs, emotional lows, times of joy and times of sorrow. I’ve enjoyed reading them and going along with you guys. I don’t have too many stories of interest but here’s a cliff note version of mine…

Way before Southwood became the proficient public land killer that he is, we made a bow hunt together. We hunted that morning, climbing separate trees just beside each other…honestly don’t remember if we even saw a deer. The hunt was over so we descended. When Matt went to jump from his climber that was 30” (that’s inches, not feet) off the ground, somehow got his feet tangled, and he landed belly flop on the forest floor. And then proceeded to sprint through the central Alabama pines for 50 yards as if something was chasing him for absolutely no reason at all.

The learning curve on climbers was steep for him.

Originally Posted by CNC
Ya'll are just overthinking it now

Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Claims Rep.] #3944376
07/22/23 01:18 PM
07/22/23 01:18 PM
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by Claims Rep.

That’s awesome! Post a pic of your son with that buck.

I'll have to take a picture of the framed photo to sent to someone.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3944403
07/22/23 02:39 PM
07/22/23 02:39 PM
UR 6
top cat Online content
Freak of Nature
top cat  Online Content
Freak of Nature
UR 6

Me and a couple buddies were scouting down on Butler WMA day before bow season opened. Was in an area we'd never been in. We found white oaks covering the ground and sign all over. One buddy said he was gonna go get his stand and hang it for the next day. Older friend says tell you what I have to do is take a sh!t and I mean right now. His nephew has given him one of belts with no pin only brass pull type buckle. Like boy scouts use. He was jumping around tugging on that thing saying how the hell does this thing come loose. Yelled and me to give him my knife which I did. Buy by the time he got it cut it was too late. He was filling his underwear and pants. We were rolling on the ground laughing. Had to cut the tops out of his socks to use for TP. Had to take leaves to wipe out his pants and cut his undies off. Had to ride in the back of the truck all the way back to the old post office where we camped. No running water so he had to wash up I'm a dish pan. That was 30 years ago and still funny

LUCK:::; When presistence, dedication, perspiration and preparation meet up with opportunity!!!
- - - - - - - -A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jeferson - - - - - - - -
Re: Tell me a Huntin' story [Re: Nightwatchman] #3944505
07/22/23 06:29 PM
07/22/23 06:29 PM
Earth
TDog93 Offline
Booner
TDog93  Offline
Booner
Earth
^^^
Dang it man 😀

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.