Originally Posted by jbatey1
As far as I know there was nothing to do with the length of the bed. We bought 2 LTZ’s last year and an E350 last year and bonuses all of them at 100 for the past taxes.

I was thinking last year was the final year of 100% though and that this year it was set at max of 80%. I could be wrong though.

My understanding is:

Section 179 is 100% if truck is over 6,000 pounds and has a minimum 6ft. bed.

Bonus depreciation is a separate thing. For 2023 it's 80%. I just don't know if the Bonus depreciation option has a bed length requirement.

As it sits today, I could take up to $25,000 under Section 179 for 2023 because bed length disqualifies for 100% AND take 80% of the balance under Bonus depreciation rules...if Bonus rules allow the 5.6 ft bed to qualify.

I do use a CPA, there is a reason I am also asking here, but was hoping someone would have some personal experience purchasing for a business would share. Hopefully the Bonus route will work out.

Last edited by straycat; 11/28/23 09:13 PM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams