a funny hunting story i heard was from my cousin ... he was hunting an old wooded piece of land we had that i nicknamed “the black forest” - it was old trees & dark as crap ... he always carried all his gear in & out & used a tree lounger climber ... geared up, he enters the black forest one morning & started up a ridge, and flicked his headlamp on ... it’d rained the night before so it was muddy ...

out of nowhere, a damn bat attacks his face, flapping around & scratching him ... my cousin said he freaked out, yelling & clawing at his head to get the damn thing off him ... his gear got scattered all over the place ... once he had survived the bat attack & stopped breathing hard, he couldn’t find his rifle ... he managed to locate his headlamp & started scanning the woods & found his rifle, barrel down in a mudpile ... he had to tear his gun apart in the dark & get the mud out of the gun (best he could) ...

he went on & hunted - but he was on pins & needles the whole time, waiting on another bat to attack him 🤣

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 12/19/23 12:15 PM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.