I hunted with a couple of buddies one time on some private family land of of the guys had. It had a decent old farmhouse to stay in. It was a couple hours from our hometown and the other guys hadn't deer hunted much up to this point. One of the guys actually hadn't deer hunted any. He had borrowed an old 30/30 from his grandpa. He had iron sights and 1 round to kill a deer. As the liquid flowed that night, he mentioned the gun and bullet so we started calling him Barney Fyffe. About midnight rolls around and the guy with the borrowed gun (and bullet) tells me "I ain't no deer hunter. If I see one in the morning, I am just going to shoot its antlers off." I loaned him my best climber, took him to the tree, put the climber on the tree and headed out another direction. About 2 hrs into the hunt, I hear him shoot. We had two way radios, so I asked if it was him and it was. I told him to stay put and I'd be there shortly. As I topped a hill, I saw him standing over a deer holding a rack. Still a ways off, I ask him over the radio, what did you get. His answer "I think it's an 8 point but I am not sure." I told him I could see him holding the rack, just count the points, but got no answer. By the time I got to him, he was walking around looking for something. He had shot the buck at the base of the antler and blew one side off just as pretty as you could possibly have cut it with a hack saw. I said well, you told me that you wasn't a deer hunter and was going to shoot ones antler off if you saw one. He looked at me like I was crazy and asked me when he said that. Obviously he was three sheets to the wind when he made that statement, but I thought he would remember it. It turns out, as he was climbing, he dropped the Ole dirty thirty and the barrel buried up in the dirt. He cleaned it as best he could and loaded his one and only bullet. The buck came in broadside and 20 yards out. He shouldered the gun, focused the iron sights right behind the shoulder and hit him at the base of the antler. The three of us killed a lot of deer off that small farm, but that was his one and only with the Ole borrowed 30/30.