Originally Posted by jawbone
This is something I've been told by some people that would know, but bammer is losing all these people because they just simply don't have the NIL funds available to use that some of these other schools do. FSU must be flush with NIL money.

This was not a trolling post. It is a serious post.

This may be true, but I wouldn't know. Hopefully the new "General Manager" guy that's coming with DeBoer can get a handle on the NIL, perhaps even better than Saban's staff did.

I do think this, we will see the "Wild West" of the NIL and Portal stabilized and players accepting some kind of contracts similar to what NFL has or it won't end well.

I think that College Football is changing too fast and the business model needs to be stabilized or it's going to get ugly and fan viewership is going suffer, and when ratings drop then the money dries up.

The NFL (Good. Bad and Ugly) is the highest rated sport in the US for a reason and the reason is that it is a pretty stable product.

I've never been a PAC-12 fan, but seeing the PAC-12 poached down to 2 teams is kind of a tragedy and an ugly side of where college football is headed.

Last edited by Irishguy; 01/18/24 07:15 AM.