Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by Matt_S
RockAuto.com….Can get great pads and rotors for next to nothing and better quality than what you will find at Autozone, O’Reilly etc.

You know I've heard of them but never bought from them....just looked at their site and it looks like they'd be roughly 1/2 the price of Oreilly's on rotors/pads as well as Oil/Filters. I've stopped doing my own oil/filter changes because I literally cannot buy the oil/filter from Oreilly/AZ any cheaper than paying someone else to do it. But as long as Rock Auto doesn't bend you over on shipping, they seem to have it going on.

I buy a lot of parts from them. The only thing you have to look out for is if you are buying several different item #s, they can ship from several different places and it costs separate shipping charges for each shipment. you can play around and get most or all from the same place and save more money. You may have to buy the $23 part instead of the$20 part to save $10 shipping.

Another thing you can do is look up the part # of what you need and buy it off Amazon. If you go to the parts house and ask for a rear wheel bearing for a Toyota pickup, you'll spend $38-50. If you know it takes a 6308 2rs bearing, you can get those as cheap as 4 for $20 on Amazon with free shipping.