Originally Posted by Bulls eye
OP, looks like you do all your processing in house? I’m looking at doing that. Each deer I take to the processor averages 200.00 That’s 1k on a five deer season. I have the time to do it and believe I would enjoy it. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Can I get decent processing equipment for 500/1k. It looks like it would pay for itself in a year. Thanks.

I do!! Some equipment I started out with I still use if I’m just doing small jobs. Like my 5lb LEM stuffer. It’s perfect for stuffing boudin or packaging burger in the vacuum seal bags. Absolutely no mess. If I do a large batch of boudin or burger, I use the big electric stuffer. Small jobs I still use my little LEM #8 grinder. Big jobs and making sausage I will use 1 or both of the #22 grinders. Whatever or however you do, always get the animal as cold as possible as fast as possible and do a thorough job of prepping the animal to process. Removing all fat and undesirables make for a quality product. Yes there is a lot of waste but the end product is worth it. Also have lots of HOT water on hand. Makes cleanup a breeze. Another trick I learned is to take your time, relax and a cold adult beverage helps the process along just fine.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.